The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Keep going guys :smile:
A friend of mine was failed for 'driving too close to the middle of the road' by a new examiner who felt it was his duty to uphoad the sacred laws of driving :P
Reply 381
Failed a couple of weeks a ago - 4 minors, 1 major for observation. Damn white van speeding at a mini roundabout meant i pulled out in front of him... observation major.:mad:
Next test in 2 weeks
Reply 382
Ive just failed my second test with 3 minors and a major for stopping (very sharpley i should add) at the traffic lights. I hate myself right now. :frown: :mad:
i failed today, so gutted coz i know i can do it ive been driving for ages and when i finally decide to go for the test i flippin fail!! so annoyed, my examiner was one of the mean ones too he didnt say a word to me, y cant they get friendly ones. i failed with 17 minors and 2 serious :redface: aparantly im too comfortable on the road wateva that means and well i almost went into a bus lane with camera so fair enough can u believe that was the only road i hadnt been through around the whole area of the the bloody test, and i got soooo many roadabouts omg every 2 mins. my instructor told me that guy i got is the only one that does that route,y did i out of all the ppl have to get him, and that route!! eurghh so annoying, and guess what, i know this is my own fault but my nxt test is on the day before my theory expires, i wish id started before i really do but crap happens and u live and you learn but its so frustrating, is it so hard to be a little nice to someone u knw isnt in their calmest moments, its like they thrive in ur nervousness.
Two serious, seven minor.
3 Minors and a serious for undue hesitation - I didn't overtake a cyclist on a road lined with speed bumps, because I thought I'd have to break too sharply to go over the speed bums safely.... Thoroughly irritating.
3 Minors and a serious for signalling - I didn't signal when in the 'hold back' position, and when I turned on my signal a car was overtaking... Fair enough.
1 Minor for reverse around a corner - I went a little wide... fair enough.

Booked another test, and I'm checking for cancellations. I'm not too annoyed, except about the financial aspect.
I'm having the worst time with driving tests :frown: There's this examiner at my local test centre who is like renowned for never passing anyone and being incredibly harsh..and I've had him three out of three times!! The first time I deserved to fail seeing as I hit the kerb pretty hard in a parallel park, but the second time he failed me for hesitating at a roundabout when a huge lorry hadn't made its mind up yet and the third time (Tuesday) I got taken on the scary scary big bypass (which I had been on once, 8 months ago) during rush hour, which according to my instructor, has never happened to any of his pupils in 16 years! I was really annoyed with my instructor though, because I asked him repeatedly to take me on the bypass again but he said there was no point because I wouldn't get it in an early morning test. Really annoying thing is I got a major for not getting speed quick enough and the second for being in the overtaking lane too long...and I had NO MINORS! Argh......
I had to wait a month before my next test after my first one, and I thought I'd done much worse in my second and I passed, I swore I hit the curb on my turn in the road, but I think she knew how nervous I was, I was properly shaking. I had my second test on a friday, and had lessons Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, but nothing before that, so when I did my test I sort of felt like I was on a roll, if you know what I mean...
Reply 387
Failed my first test today and i'm really really peed off about it!!! I got 5 minors and one serious which was that bloody reverse round the corner!!! I had to wait ages before strting the reverse because of all the cars that were passing. I then started it and had to go forward again because a car turned out and then when i went again my position was way too close so in an attempt to sraighten up i went forward a bit n then back but bumped the kerb. I knew i had failed withing the first 15mins but yet i was still made to do an emergency stop, which was perfect and continue the rest of the test. why?! If he knew i'd failed why make me go on?!
The worst thing was that i knew i would fail if i got the reverse round the corner let alone with all the corrections i had to make to it. It was an absolute nightmare. AND excluding the reverse round the corner i only got 3 minors, one for undue hesitation, which i think was ridiculous, one for being to close to the car in front and something else which i can't remember!
GRRRRRR!!
Reply 388
candy_foss
Failed my first test today and i'm really really peed off about it!!! I got 5 minors and one serious which was that bloody reverse round the corner!!! I had to wait ages before strting the reverse because of all the cars that were passing. I then started it and had to go forward again because a car turned out and then when i went again my position was way too close so in an attempt to sraighten up i went forward a bit n then back but bumped the kerb. I knew i had failed withing the first 15mins but yet i was still made to do an emergency stop, which was perfect and continue the rest of the test. why?! If he knew i'd failed why make me go on?!
The worst thing was that i knew i would fail if i got the reverse round the corner let alone with all the corrections i had to make to it. It was an absolute nightmare. AND excluding the reverse round the corner i only got 3 minors, one for undue hesitation, which i think was ridiculous, one for being to close to the car in front and something else which i can't remember!
GRRRRRR!!

Bad luck mate, I'm with you hating reverse around a corner, I got it on my first test and I was amzed that I only got two minors for it! I have my second test on wednesday, I dont want to fail again!
My test went perfect until i reached a familiar road WHICH NOW HAD ROAD WORKS!!!!!

I wanted to turn right and there was a car that turned left onto the road. I couldnt see a thing and went to go off when my examiner used his pedals to stop the car!. I looked round only to see a driver showing me 2 pleasant fingers. I knew it was over. He said that he had to terminate the test. Soo crap.
Reply 390
i've booked another one now, January!!! How do you go about getting a cancellation? I really don't want to wait until after xmas, i've got in my head now that i can do it.... as long as they don't throw another reverse round the corner at me!! lol! I'm not proud, i don't really mind too much how many attempts it takes me, it's just so darn expensive!! I really wont be able to afford many more lessons, my 18th birthday money has long since dried up and me mucho skinto!! :frown:
Pratik_thakkar
My test went perfect until i reached a familiar road WHICH NOW HAD ROAD WORKS!!!!!

I wanted to turn right and there was a car that turned left onto the road. I couldnt see a thing and went to go off when my examiner used his pedals to stop the car!. I looked round only to see a driver showing me 2 pleasant fingers. I knew it was over. He said that he had to terminate the test. Soo crap.

Woah. He terminated your test?

I remember on my driving lessons though when I used to set off from a junction and my instructor used to slam on his brakes and said if you do that they'll just get out of the car. You're too dangerous. :s-smilie:

Ahh keep at it you guys. The first time I failed for stalling at a traffic light and not starting up again before the change and for breaking too harshly at a roundabout. The 2nd time I failed for stopping short of a stop line (2 minutes frm the end of my test)

And then the 3rd time I passed. lol.
Reply 392
Just failed my driving test today. :mad:

Sooooo amgry and upset. 1 major, 1 minor. !!!!!!!!!

So close.

I failed because, i didn't apply the handbrake at a stop junction. :frown:

Have my nest test in 3 weeks. GUTTED :frown:
isabella
Just failed my driving test today. :mad:

Sooooo amgry and upset. 1 major, 1 minor. !!!!!!!!!

So close.

I failed because, i didn't apply the handbrake at a stop junction. :frown:

Have my nest test in 3 weeks. GUTTED :frown:

You don't need to apply the handbrake at a stop junction. Just properly stop. Applying the handbrake means your examiner can't quibble over whether you properly stopped. But its not necessary to apply the handbrake if you don't want too.
Reply 394
you should apply the handbrake if you think you'll be stationary for a while eg 30secs.
Next time you do your test try to take the same route. Go to the stop junction and stop, put the handbrake on, turn around and look at the examiner and give him the daggers for a couple seconds. Then carry on like normal.
ive just failed my first test. 3 serious and they're all really stupid. i had a female examiner who apparently only passes guys so that probably explained it.

1st serious was cos i stopped at traffic lights at multi-lane roadworks. she said "oh, everyone does this, i should have told you, behind that sign (a huge roundabout one) theres another set of lights for this lane but you cant see them from the lane itself, we've been asking them to move it for weeks now cos it looks like that set of lights (on red then) is for this lane"

2nd serious was cos i cut an extremely tight corner slightly, it wasn't dangerous cos i could see that nothin was there, i just oversteered a bit but she said "it might have been"

3rd was cos i was stopped waiting at a junction for ages, saw a gap so i went, if i hadnt she'd had pulled me up for hesitation, she pulled me up anyway cos "the car on the other side of the road looked like he was gaining speed so it might not have been safe"

all daft reasons if u ask me and should have been minors, my instructor told her this as well but ahh well. just have to bug my dad to pay for me to take it again
Reply 397
Well my examiner failed me for, not applying hand-brake at a stop junction.,

Eventhough my ADI told me tha,t i don't always have to use handbrake!!!!

I just think that, he wanted to fail me. He was a really grumpy man.

I wasn't dangerous or anything, so i was petty of him to fail me.

Next test in 3 weeks.
would be nice to get that clarified, i'm 95% sure that applying the handbrake is optional. The only difference between a stop junction and a normal juction is that you have to properly stop (not moving at all!). have a good look round, and then go. Whereas on a normal junction its okay to be moving slowly forwards as you check for traffic.

This is because stop junctions are placed where people don't look enough, or there are bad lines of sight etc. so need extra care.
My mate just failed for overtaking a tractor, apparently he cut it up. Only two minors apart from that. Lol.

Latest

Trending

Trending