The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3980
licensedtodrive
wow!! This is exactly what happened with me in my 1st test. I gave my 2nd test yesterday and failed again, this time with 1 major and 5 minors. The major thing happened within few mins from the start. According to the examiner I took a right turn for which a silver car had to slow down!!!!!!!! Now you really cannot challange these things!! But Im sure it didnt require to change its speed.

My instructor told me once: there are 2 types of people who appear for driving test. One who knows driving and tries to pass the test, and another who passes the test and then learn driving. What he didnt mention is that it is harder for the former type to pass, and I unfortunately belong to that class! :-(

Bit of an oxymoron to your username aren't you ? :wink:
Reply 3981
kevin316
Don't you need to wait 2 weeks minimum before you can retest? :O

He never said when he took the test :p:
kevin316
Don't you need to wait 2 weeks minimum before you can retest? :O

Sorry for not making it clear. I took my first test around a month ago. Isn't it ten days and not two weeks anyway?
Reply 3983
think its two weeks, i had my test on friday and failed and my instructor said two weeks minimum. lol if you must know how i failed then ;
at the start of the test he asked me to reverse park since there is an area for it at the test centre, i was sooo nervous and he could tell once i got into the car and started it, got all the show me/tell me questions right and then started reversing but since i was so nervous i ended up messing it up, so i went forward abit to correct, went back again and hit the curb and got a major for it. I knew i failed for that but we still went on driving, and it went pretty well apart from getting a few minors, i aced three point turn and then he said i would have passed if i didn't mess up the parking :frown:
Failed. 17 minors and 3 serious. A school boy error and too many minors for gears and speed. Confident I can fix it for my 3rd time.
Reply 3985
Failed second test. Hit curb on reverse around corner, so annoying! Did sorta the same on first and got a minor - must of been how I did it? Anyway, roll on third:frown:
so annoyed failed by bloody 4th test 2day! i am ready 2 give up now, just have to face the fact- I cant drive and never will be able 2!
bad is good
so annoyed failed by bloody 4th test 2day! i am ready 2 give up now, just have to face the fact- I cant drive and never will be able 2!

U scared me mate!!

@sparxy: right u r!! but i just cudnt write NOTlicensedtodrive :woo:
TMDaines
Sorry for not making it clear. I took my first test around a month ago. Isn't it ten days and not two weeks anyway?

10 working days, which is 2 weeks.

@Other guy, you will pass eventually. When i was doing it i was thinking about giving up and how i'd never pass, but i stuck with it and eventually got my license.
Reply 3989
just failed cos i pulled in front of a car at a traffic lights controlled cross roads. my green arrow said turn then apparently the other side could still go but i cut in front ?!?!? the guy was an idiot throwing himself around on corners and when i changed gear if he felt the sligtest lateral force on his body...lol
Reply 3990
also how long do i have to wait before retaking my test... other than waiting for a space on waiting list obviously

cheers lee
Reply 3991
lee_91
also how long do i have to wait before retaking my test... other than waiting for a space on waiting list obviously

cheers lee

Can book any time but the date must be 10 working days after your last test. Someone actually said that in the post above your original one.
Reply 3992
FXX
Can book any time but the date must be 10 working days after your last test. Someone actually said that in the post above your original one.

ok thanks ... i read about the first 10 pages then stopped ... i should have read the last ones too i no...sorry
Failed my driving test, well about 2 hours ago now, yay :s-smilie: ...
1 minor, and 2 serious - both for observation, one on a reverse around the corner and the second on a parallel park...

Honestly, i know everyone probably says this but I was robbed!! I stopped for other cars on both occassions, I was looking!! gah, anyway I'm probably just delusional...

Anyway, failing wasn't as bad as I thought, I am alive (thinking I might die of the embarrassment) although my chauffer driven trip home was erm. awkward hehe.

Have booked another test, not far off christmas!! had better get a cancellation!

Good luck to anyone taking a/another test :wink:
great aren't they! :rolleyes:

Ruby x
Reply 3994
The drive home after a failure is pretty awkward, yeah... the drive home after you've passed is even weirder though.
Failed my third test today :frown:. On my first one I got 12 minors and 3 majors, on the second one I got 16 minors and 2 majors and on this one I got 5 minors and 2 majors.
First major - there was a big lorry parked at the side of the road and a car coming through towards me. It was a wide road and I thought I had enough room to get through but the examiner disagreed and slammed the breaks on.
Second major - Another big lorry was in the left lane at a roundabout with his left signal on, so I assumed he was going left so I pulled out and he carried on going straight rather than left and the examiner had to slam the breaks on again. Id lost concentration by this point because I already knew id failed.

On a more positive note, my manouvers were good, I rectified all the mistakes I made before and the examiner said my general driving was very good :smile: Fourth time lucky I hope
failed twice so far...first was cos of reverse round corner...some guy drove right behind me and had to slam the brakes...examiner reckoned he slammed the brakes before me (5 minors) ...2nd time...clipped the curb when generally driving (2 minors)....hopefully third times a charm...
Reply 3997

I took my driving test a couple of weeks back, failed evidently :s-smilie: but once i found this thread i felt much better! its great to know there are others who have been screwed over by stupid DSA! I took my test the day between when my best friend and my girlfriend's test, and they both passed, IT IS THE MOST FRUSTRATING THING!! Especially as i am a better driver than them! I got so many minors for stupid things, and a major for "giving the impression i was going to pull out in front of a car when i actually wasnt!!!" and another major for going round a blind corner too fast, which was a bit stupid. Man i hate not having passed my test its sooo frustrating! i have another one booked though! 2nd time lucky!!

If anyone else finds themselves on this thread for moral support, dont worry we'll all pass eventually! So keep those chins raised!
Reply 3998
I had all the odds stacked against me on my test, a route I didnt know (test centre moved recently) having to do an emergency stop (which I hadn't done in lessons) and facing my nemesis the left reverse. But did any of those fail me? Nope. I failed for passing a line of parked cars then turning right from the centre of the empty road into another empty road rather than darting back to the left after the parked cars for the 10-15m leading to the junction. The whole thing was so uneventful I struggled to remember what he was on about when he told me I failed. My instructor seemed as surprised as me that I'd failed. So another summer and another £700 down the drain... wonderful. I if the inevitable 3rd time will finally see me getting the bastard licence. /rant ... sorry guys
Reply 3999
Hey Everyone :smile:

I passed my test 4th time 2 weeks ago but keep coming back to this thread every so often to say good luck and stuff!!

So Good luck everyone whos tests are coming up!!

Latest

Trending

Trending