The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
I failed on wednesday 4s 9m
1st 1 was when i did reverse parking i went abit wide but we was on a narrow road so i found it hard aswel
2nd was was coming up to the end of a narrow road and theres cars either side the man stopped and flashed me the moody bastard of a examiner said he was angry:|
3rd one is i cutt someone up on a round about:biggrin: :colondollar:
4th one i lost concentration (got bored no one talkin for 40mins) and went through red light

not to gutted tho
Reply 581
I passed my test second time because it was the day after an England world cup match and the roads were empty because everyone was over the limit.

In my mock i managed and almighty 13 minors, 14 majors and a dangerous. That was one of the proudest moments in my life, i actually though i had done really well. If anyone did worse than this you have my boundless admiration:smile:
Reply 582
Extreme test failage yesterday!!
16 faults, 2 Serious, 1 Dangerous

Halfway through the test I still would've passed with 3 minor faults.... Then this happened!:
>Nearly wiped out a BMW on a roundabout
>Blue Mercedes nearly hit me on a roundabout (my fault apparently - I swear he made that car up!)
>Went across the center of a roundabout (the examiner was yelling & grabbing the dashboard about the blue merc so for some strange reason I wasn't giving the road my full attention:eek: )
>Didn't look in mirrors (yes I did! :frown: ) when indicating & moving to right lane

Despite my driving test's shambolic appearance I am a safe driver 95% of the time, but the combination of scary rush hour roundabouts and driving nerves got the better of me *sniff*
Reply 583
I failed for speeding three times apparently, twice of which was on the dual carriage way, so I was somehow doing over 70 in fourth gear without realising it...right...

Have to wait another month now :frown:
Eek, test in two hours...haven't been nervous yet but am now...damn nerves!! Damn waiting another two hours...eek again!! Oh well, fourth time lucky...?
Argh. Just failed. 1 serious, 4 minors.
I was so close to passing...until about 10 minutes before the end of the test the examiner had to dual me- almost went through a red light. I was busy looking around me and just didn't see it until it was too late. I went to put my foot down but he got there first. It's annoying, as I was sure if I failed it would be because of my manoeveres- only got 1 minor for my bay park though, and a good turn in the road. If I'd failed for bay parking I would have understood...but it's so unlike me to jump a red light. I'm so frustrated with myself. If I could take the test again today I would.
mcmam
lol i failed my 1st today , the examiner had the window open . no 1 couldnt hear no 2 a football flew in the window and hit him on the head and i couldnt stop laughing and mucked up my parallel park . lol he got well annoyed at me. it was just so out of the blue. if his window was shut then it would of smashed it and the test would of stopped.

Haha. I would have laughed too.
Dammit, failed again!! I only got two minors as well :-( Failed because I was in the wrong lane for a box junction (fair enough!) but I couldn't get into the right lane because of traffic and then apparently I didn't check my mirrors when crossing traffic and caused someone to break! Swear that didn't happen but there we go! Fifth time lucky??
I failed my first one a couple of weeks ago with one major and 12 minors. My major was for going onto a roundabout into too small a gap which was less than a minute after leaving the test centre! So annoying, but I also went up the kerb during my reverse round a corner and stalled moving away so I wasn't driving brilliantly. Got my second one tomorrow morning and Im so scared I hate that i have to go through it again! Gah its just so stressful so I sympathise with each and every one of you!
xxx
Failed first time today, bare with me this could turn into a rant haha!

Met the examiner and she seemed really nice, first 10 minutes went smoothly then I came to some traffic lights where I had to turn right, the lights were green but there were cars coming the other way so I stopped and waited (wasn't sure if I was in the right place 'cos it was impossible to see road marking with sun and wet road) , after the oncoming cars had gone I pulled away and before I even started to turn right I felt my brake pedal come from under me and the examiner started shouting at me telling me there was a car coming. God knows what happened there, I didn't see any car and when I said it was poor visibility she just got even more angry so that was that I knew I'd failed.

I then got a major for moving off, I checked blind spots and mirrors, just as I had started to move a van started to overtake me, I didn't know what to do so I just carried on slowly and she had a go at me again.

Then finally it came to the bay park at the end, test centre was full so it was a bit of a nightmare, the only space I could get into was next to a completely crooked car so I went back slowly checking all around me and she slammed on brakes saying I was going into him! I would never have gone into the car, I would have just lined up again which is what I said to her but she told me to stop arguing and then I was so pissed off by the time I attempted it a second time that I went straight in with hardly any observation (major for that) and was ironically perfectly lined up!

Turns out she was the chief examiner and the harshest at the test centre, I'm pretty angry about it now, fair enough if there was a car coming the over way that I didn't see but she didn't have to be so nasty to me, I might not have got any more majors if it wasn't for her attitude.
Reply 590
I've got my sixth test this Friday...except it's going to be a bit different this time :s-smilie: For my past three tests I've had the same examiner (who I found really offputting :mad: ) so I e-mailed the DSA customer services to request that I don't get him again. I got a phone call this morning just as I was about to leave for college (from a guy in Cardiff, which I found slightly odd because I e-mailed London and SE CS, but apparently the DSA is based there or something? :confused: ) and they confirmed that I definitely won't get him! I was over-the-moon, I nearly screamed (with relief) :biggrin: I couldn't go through another test with him...I literally would have a nervous breakdown :frown:

So that's the good thing...the not so good thing is that my examiner's car has broken down *sob* *sob* (it's a Mini) which meant I either had to cancel the test or take it in my mum's car. I've agreed to take it in my mum's car but I'm a bit nervous. I suppose I probably do have more experience it it...it's just going to seem a bit weird.

I really hope I pass this time...I am SICK of taking driving tests :frown:
Reply 591
Winnipeg
I've got my sixth test this Friday...except it's going to be a bit different this time :s-smilie: For my past three tests I've had the same examiner (who I found really offputting :mad: ) so I e-mailed the DSA customer services to request that I don't get him again. I got a phone call this morning just as I was about to leave for college (from a guy in Cardiff, which I found slightly odd because I e-mailed London and SE CS, but apparently the DSA is based there or something? :confused: ) and they confirmed that I definitely won't get him! I was over-the-moon, I nearly screamed (with relief) :biggrin: I couldn't go through another test with him...I literally would have a nervous breakdown :frown:

So that's the good thing...the not so good thing is that my examiner's car has broken down *sob* *sob* (it's a Mini) which meant I either had to cancel the test or take it in my mum's car. I've agreed to take it in my mum's car but I'm a bit nervous. I suppose I probably do have more experience it it...it's just going to seem a bit weird.

I really hope I pass this time...I am SICK of taking driving tests :frown:

Whoa, sounds like you've had a really rough time with driving tests! Good luck this time :biggrin:
I failed yesterday :frown: the worst thing was my manoveurs were perfect and I was so pleased cos i get very nervous doing them. I actually felt the test went really good..until a split second and I knew the second i had done it that that was it..went into the wrong lane in the stupid roundabout grrrrr!!! automatic fail! was upset at first but then i got over it theres not point in worrying about it too much!

So when i got home i just tried to forget about it and booked another test straight away so 2nd attempt in a few weeks, fingers crossed! :smile:
Reply 593
mcmam
lol i failed my 1st today , the examiner had the window open . no 1 couldnt hear no 2 a football flew in the window and hit him on the head and i couldnt stop laughing and mucked up my parallel park . lol he got well annoyed at me. it was just so out of the blue. if his window was shut then it would of smashed it and the test would of stopped.

a few minors for hesitating and going to slow (i was a bit shaken up by the flying football incident)

oh well test re booked second time lucky i hope

LMFAO. if that ever happened to me i would crack up so badly i would have to fail. i would honestly mess up so badly because i cannot contain laughter lol
I FAILED!!! Wow i feel so gd about that for some reason. 33/35 on Thoery and 41/75 (just 4 more) Must rebook it, hazards? Does anyone else get motion sickness from it?
i swer my examiner was a cow.. i failed my 1st driving tes this morning :frown: :frown: :frown: and im so sad ive been crying eva since.. my instructor was shocked.. failed on my reverse parking...hit the curb... other then that i had 12 minors...cuda passed... sum11111 plz tell me how to take it in n relax i cnt seem to do so!
sherri
i swer my examiner was a cow.. i failed my 1st driving tes this morning :frown: :frown: :frown: and im so sad ive been crying eva since.. my instructor was shocked.. failed on my reverse parking...hit the curb... other then that i had 12 minors...cuda passed... sum11111 plz tell me how to take it in n relax i cnt seem to do so!

Yeah, it's horrible to fail but if you hit the kerb you can't really blame the examiner. Best thing to do is go and book another test straight away, and keep checking for cancellations! ;console;
yea i guess... thanks :smile: ... wats funny is that i kno i hit the kerb n wen i finished it (was pretty perfect apart from that) i go so did i hit the kerb? shes like "u hit the kerb" i was like mannnnnn n it was like in the first 10 mins of my test so i knew i failed bt carried on as normal... next ones in 4 weeks fingers crossed.. i shall be praying! but i feel betta readin over this as its not the end of the world and that if u dnt succeed u can always try n try agen..
sherri
yea i guess... thanks :smile: ... wats funny is that i kno i hit the kerb n wen i finished it (was pretty perfect apart from that) i go so did i hit the kerb? shes like "u hit the kerb" i was like mannnnnn n it was like in the first 10 mins of my test so i knew i failed bt carried on as normal... next ones in 4 weeks fingers crossed.. i shall be praying! but i feel betta readin over this as its not the end of the world and that if u dnt succeed u can always try n try agen..

That's the exact same reason I failed my first test, and it's so frustrating because it's not really a big deal and it's not dangerous or anything... but it's just one of those things you can't do in the test, you'll definitely do it next time :smile:
The thing about parallel park is just to remember the steps and observations. I do one full turn left when I get to the P.O.T, then when the car is at a 45 degree angle (usually when my left mirror is over the cars numberplate), one full turn right, then when the kerb has disappeared from left window full lock right before straightening up.

Latest

Trending

Trending