The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
With stalling... Yesterday in my test I stalled twice during my turn in the road, however I kept calm and only got two minors for it. As far as I see it as long as it's not a dangerous situation and you remain calm, stalling shouldn't count as a major.
Reply 981
how many minors make a major btw?
Popeye
how many minors make a major btw?

I heard something like 4 in the same section. And you can also fail by getting 15 minors... not 100% sure though.
Reply 983
I just hope I can be ready for my test, had a poor lesson today but the thing is if I don't do it now, god knows when I can actually can.
I can say that I -will fail- my driving test - at least the first time :biggrin:
Reply 985
ye 15 minors is a major
1st test i got - 7 minors , 1 major
2nd test i got 9 minors, 1 major
3rd test i got 4 minors , 1 major
jus praying now that i pass on 4th attempt
Reply 986
I got burned first test round 13 times in the Undue Hesitation and Inappropriate Speed sections. I though I was being careful, but clearly he wanted me to be suicidal at junctions *fumes*
Reply 987
Ugh, cannot believe I've failed for a THIRD time. I was so sure I'd pass, but once I did one thing wrong my nerves suddenly went crazy and I just kept doing stuff. Ended up with 11 minors and 2 serious. I've never had more than 6 minors before. Ugh, don't think I can afford to take anymore.
Reply 988
Lupie the 4th test is the charm :wink:
Reply 989
^i hope so, just failed my third 2day!

I was doing great, about 20 mins into the test (the furthest i've got without a major cock-up), feeling confident, no nerves at all. Then on a roundabout he said to go straight and the road markings said i had to be in the right lane, so i got in lane then had a mad moment and weaved left and then right again without checking mirrors or signalling, there was no one around otherwise i think he might have slammed his foot on the brake. I only got 3 minors other than that, and my reverse round a corner was good, but who cares, i FAILED :mad:
Reply 990
failed first test today. 9 minors and 2 majors. both majors done consecutively at the last roundabout. did an appalling paralell park too.
Reply 991
hey this is my first post (although I have been reading threads on here for a while:smile: )
I failed today :frown: 8 minors 2 majors.... It's so annoying as I failed in the last five minutes... but it was pretty bad, i was changing lanes and the examiner had to grab the wheel as he thought I was going to pull out in front of a car... which I wouldn't have done.:confused: .. urgh.
Now have to wait until mid september to book another:eek: how rubbish.
Feeling pretty poo right now!
sallytink
hey this is my first post (although I have been reading threads on here for a while:smile: )
I failed today :frown: 8 minors 2 majors.... It's so annoying as I failed in the last five minutes... but it was pretty bad, i was changing lanes and the examiner had to grab the wheel as he thought I was going to pull out in front of a car... which I wouldn't have done.:confused: .. urgh.
Now have to wait until mid september to book another:eek: how rubbish.
Feeling pretty poo right now!

Wow I can relate to your statement really closely! I failed for the first time today, got 7 minors and 1 majors, I think i failed in the last five minutes, too, its a long story but I was doing to well until that point. I know how you feel. Devastating really and I tried re-booking but the earliest is 20th september and I'll be at uni (hopefully) then. UGH it totally sucks! ....I think my headache just came back
Reply 993
Failed again today, fourth time.

Ready for it.

Got 4 minors for stopping at give way lines.

STOPPING AT ****ING GIVE WAY LINES. NO ONE HAS EVER GIVEN ME ANY ****ING FAULTS FOR THAT BEFORE.

Test system is totally flawed, so stupidly inconsistent. I think I made the mistake of taking the test at the end of the week, the test centre obviously had to meet its fail quota.

Im sure he was just making it up, we pulled up at the end and I only saw like a few minors on the sheet so I thought I'd passed, then he just stuck on 3 more undue hesitations and gave me a fail told me i'd stopped at too many give way lines and then just walked out of the car.
Reply 994
I failed my first mock driving test, quite badly. It's like i was driving so much worse than I usually do, felt sort of pressured. On the reversing stuff I just turned at the completely wrong time and the car was at a crazy angle!

Are the driving testers proper out to get you?

Did everyone else fail the mock?
Einsteinium
I failed my first mock driving test, quite badly. It's like i was driving so much worse than I usually do, felt sort of pressured. On the reversing stuff I just turned at the completely wrong time and the car was at a crazy angle!

Are the driving testers proper out to get you?

Did everyone else fail the mock?

Yeah, don't worry. I had one mock a week before I did my test. Was actually going okay until I came to do a reverse around a corner. A car started coming up behind me so I was unsure of what to do... I was half way around the corner. My instructor told me to just stop there and move off. So I did but as I was rushing like an idiot I didn't do my all round checks before moving off so I apparently failed for that. Didn't do another mock and passed my test 1st time with 4 minors.
My first test is coming up on the 18th July, in Abergavenny. I'm pretty much bricking it now. Had my mock test with me instructor about 2 weeks ago and had 2 majors and 11 minors.

The 2 majors were friggin harsh tho'. The first one was for, when going round a looping 1 way road, not looking right when turning left to come off the 1 way road. (As if to check if anyone was driving the wrong way on the one way road). The 2nd one was for something very similar.

All I've got to do is stay calm on the test and not worry about every little error I make, cos if I do, I know that's gonna be my undoing.

Anyone else having their test in Abergavenny? Any tips?
Reply 997
Hehe, is this a thread to vent bitterness and anger? I've got plenty :biggrin:
On my most recent test I got failed for the most ridiculous thing - I was in fairly slow moving traffic so I stopped to let a car out of a junction. According to my examiner this was "good but the car behind you didn't know what you were doing." I mean wtf.
Good luck! You go for it!
Reply 999
I just failed my fourth test :frown: Is it me or does it get easier every time? I remember feeling so crushed the first time I failed. Now it's.. well obviously I'm not happy about it, but it's more of an annoyance than anything really upsetting. I'm very annoyed with myself though, I had one major and it was for trying to turn into a No Entry road, something I've never ever done before. What are the chances?? I only had four minors, so the rest of the drive was pretty good. Sigh.

Latest

Trending

Trending