The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Hi Guys, test at 9.37 today, and failed with 12 minors, mostly for small things, obs and the like, the major, got close to a parked car when pulled over to the left to let a car pass. Can't properly remember what happened, and didn't realise was so close, but am well gutted now:frown: Had thought would pass (as we all do), had booked a week of work, go and visit some mates...best laid plans and all :frown: :frown: :frown:
I have a test on Friday, i'm OK-ish about it, i still need to use mirrors far more than i do :s-smilie:,

What can you do wrong and pass with lol??

I wish you all luck with you're driving tests
30 minutes to pass, 2 seconds to fail. GOOD LUCK.
Thanks, i feel for all of you about o do your test or have done and failed, the nerves just get the better of you well before the big day.

My driving instrctor is being so mean to me as well, i did a couple things wrong, nothing major, and she flipped out :mad: but i want to pass to show her i can, i know i can pass, i wish i had changed instuctors months ago, although she was fine back then grrr.

Anyways i may be here aagin tomorrow lol, or in the passed thread lol hmmmm.

Good luck to anyone doing a test soon as well :smile:
I have my sixth (yes, sixth! :frown: ) test on Wednesday, and I'm already getting worried about it. Trying to talk myself into being calm, but I hate tests so much >.< Meep!
Well i failed my 1st test :frown:, it happened it the last TWO minutes nooo, it wasn't entirley my fault, she made me go through a teeny tiny road with cars on both sides, a bus was coming so i had to get close to another car to let it past....then it flashed it light at me to let me through lol, and when i was turning right to go past the bus the women grabbed the wheel was turned it right as well....even though i was turning it myself right?? hmm...anyways i was so annoyed...so i understand what it's like to feel all your confidence floating away :frown:, and i suppose we all have to go through roads like that when driving but i felt i was in control baaah.

Applying for new test today.

teh_samby I applaud you for taking it a 6th time, that shows you are determinded, try not to think of it until you get in a car and take you time with the manovers, i wish you all the best :smile:
Reply 1186
I just failed yesterday for the second time! i was so annoyed cos it was such a daft mistake! When RRC i forgot to do that daft safety check and therefore failed in the first 10mins but my other manouvre, a turn in the road went perfect! I got 10 minors - 4 of which was due to not checking my mirrors enough! - another one for being too close to a car in traffic ... blah blah blah so now i have to book another test and that'll b another 50 squid down the drain! Ah well its all part of growing up right?
Reply 1187
it's part of the learning process, you will get there!
Hopefully this post will give people inspiration rather than depressing them, but I failed my test nine times before finally passing it.

Thing is, I kept failing for different things every time, a few of those tests were a bit controversial and I was advised to appeal but, perhaps stupidly, I didn't. My friends and I decided I was just cursed when it came to driving tests!

Anyway, my point is that eventually I did pass (though I appreciate the cost of taking ten tests is an issue), and now I have passed I don't even care that it took me that many attempts. It's an occassional joke between friends, but making light of it now I have passed is easy. My advice is to keep perservering and don't give up. I believe it's true that tests are getting harder as there is pressure on examiners due to the number of accidents involving young people. Nerves and doubting my ability were my biggest problems, but when I pulled myself together and was confident that I could drive well enough to pass, I did!

So good luck to everyone and try not to get too depressed, I know how frustrating failing is!
Reply 1189
yeah, I buggered up today. Apparently I didnt do enough obs when turning round the corner and then, quite admittedly tried to go into a no entry road. That sucks majorily. Now I have to wait two weeks for my next one.
Reply 1190
nnkuk
yeah, I buggered up today. Apparently I didnt do enough obs when turning round the corner and then, quite admittedly tried to go into a no entry road. That sucks majorily. Now I have to wait two weeks for my next one.

I didn't know you were doing it today #zomg#
Reply 1191
Yeah, they offered me a new date yesterday.
Reply 1192
Just failed my first test :frown: On the reverse round a corner I got a serious for observation, the guy said I did loads of obs but I stopped when cars went passed and I should of carried on!! This seems crazy to me has anyone else had that? Thought I would fail if hadnt stopped?!
Im really peed off cos other than that I would have passed with 7 minors.
Reply 1193
helen85
Just failed my first test :frown: On the reverse round a corner I got a serious for observation, the guy said I did loads of obs but I stopped when cars went passed and I should of carried on!! This seems crazy to me has anyone else had that? Thought I would fail if hadnt stopped?!

what on the right side of the road as you were turning? if they were just going and not turning in with no signals you should of kept going.
Reply 1194
I really cant remember now but my instructor always said to stop when you see other cars. I think the problem was it was a busy junction with cars coming up behind and in front every 20-30 secs and he just wanted it done quickly. I always thought it was best to be safe and take your time, within reason obviously, with manouvre's. I think another examiner would have been more understanding.
I was told it depends how far around the corner you are. If you're only just starting your manoeuvre and haven't turned yet then you should stop if a car comes past in any direction. But if you're mostly around the corner so you're not really blocking the road you've just reversed off then you don't need to stop unless someone is turning into or out of the road you've reversed into.
Reply 1196
I see your point and that makes sense but how can it be a fail? surely if its not an issue with safety or control it should be a minor?! Sorry im so p***ed off with this, I just dont want to make the same mistake again but I dont want to fail for not stopping either, or examiner thinking I didnt see the car cos I didnt stop.
purplelola
teh_samby I applaud you for taking it a 6th time, that shows you are determinded, try not to think of it until you get in a car and take you time with the manovers, i wish you all the best :smile:

Thanks, I passed :smile:
Perseverance pays off, so anyone who's getting frustrated with how many attempts they've taken, keep going, it's worth it in the end :smile:
helen85

That's so unfair! My instructor used to tell me to stop if you see a a car, see what it's doing, and then if it's safe, carry on. Surely it's safer to wait because some people seem incapable of making up their mind what they're doing till the last minute, e.g. with signalling or whatever. It sucks to fail for something stupid like this, at least when I failed my first test I knew there was a good reason lol.
i feel a bit robbed of my money today =[
i failed my driving test for one major - it was a stupid error but i feel a little bit hard done by.. ill explain..

i was on a dual carriage-way on the left hand side and the examiner told me that we would be turning right on the roundabout ahead. So i checked mirrors and signalled and moved over to the right hand lane in order to position for the roundabout. I then cancelled my signal until we got to the first of the three markers for distance from the roundabout. I then checked my mirrors again and applied the right turn signal for the roundabout. I didnt need to stop because the passage was clear and i moved forward. However, as half of my car was over the line to the roundabout my indicator, because of the way i turned the wheel, turned off... However, at this point i was already on the roundabout and decided not to reapply it as i was going to be signalling left to turn off any second... the examiner then told me when i left at the exit that i should have reapplied my indicator whether i had got onto the roundabout or not.. but i had already made the error..

i also got a minor for one of my vehicle checks and for accelerating too fast in a built up area twice...

feel a bit gutted but better thanks to the cheerful people on this forum.. what do people think of that?

as my score sheet said nothing else and i completed my manouvres and other areas of driving with confidence, i maybe would have given a minor for that slip up?

oh well.. next test in 6 weeks pfft.. waiting lists!

Latest

Trending

Trending