The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I crashed on my first test, if it's any consolation. Only three minors before that, too :frown:

All the best drivers pass second time around, anyway :p:
When I took my test the first thing that happened was so painful to watch.

There was a row of learner cars parallel to the kerb, and the learner infront of me pulled away. However, she misjudged it and crashed into the car infront of her.

I think that's the quickest failure of a driving test in history, poor girl!
Reply 1582
awwww bless....like the other person said if your gunna fail you might as well fail in style....at least that way you can still walk out with your head high lol
leemkule
When I took my test the first thing that happened was so painful to watch.

There was a row of learner cars parallel to the kerb, and the learner infront of me pulled away. However, she misjudged it and crashed into the car infront of her.

I think that's the quickest failure of a driving test in history, poor girl!

lol, on my first test when I was pulling in to a space in the test centre a girl in the space next to me started to drive out and my examiner told to me to press my horn, so I think she would have failed.

Like everyone else has said, it's a safety test, not a driving test.
Reply 1584
Rian1988
If you want to sit it sooner, have you tried looking for a cancellation?

Yeah I could go for a cancellation but obviously there's no guarantee i'd get one. So I'm just assuming im going to take my next one on the 14th March.

I spoke to this guy from work yesterday and he said he was doing 45mph on a 30 mph zone the wrong way down a T-junction. So i felt better hearing that :biggrin:
i failed my first attempt
I drove in the wrong lane and caused a queue of traffic to form.. 4 majors..oops..
Reply 1586
hannahhi
i failed my first attempt
I drove in the wrong lane and caused a queue of traffic to form.. 4 majors..oops..

Wrong lane of a roundabout? What were your other majors for?
yeah it was in a roundabout- i came out of it in the fast lane and didn't move over to the left..

majors were:
wrong lane
undue hesitation
and then reversing round a corner i missed the corner :redface: and didnt observe enough
Reply 1588
hannahhi
yeah it was in a roundabout- i came out of it in the fast lane and didn't move over to the left..

majors were:
wrong lane
undue hesitation
and then reversing round a corner i missed the corner :redface: and didnt observe enough

There's a test center near me, I think its Weybridge and Weybridge are renowned for failing people because of a roundabout after a stretch of dual carriageway and when people are told to make a right turn and come back on themselves back to the dual carriageway then naturally fall into the right hand lane, but because the two lanes merge into one lane so soon after leaving the roundabout, they are failed for it. It's a bit ****ing cheeky if you ask me.

Anyway my downfall was my reverse round a corner, I wasn't failed due to a lack of observation as such, in fact my observations were so good and frequent I lost my bearings and ended up clipping the curb! Jeez I hate those manouevers.
Mark S
because of a roundabout after a stretch of dual carriageway and when people are told to make a right turn and come back on themselves back to the dual carriageway then naturally fall into the right hand lane, but because the two lanes merge into one lane so soon after leaving the roundabout, they are failed for it. It's a bit fecking cheeky if you ask me.

that is exactly what happened to me!
they took me round the same place in my second attempt but i was ready this time :wink:
Reply 1590
hannahhi
that is exactly what happened to me!
they took me round the same place in my second attempt but i was ready this time :wink:

Was it Weybridge you took it in lol?
nope
lol
but it was a dual carriage way going onto a roundabout then back again..
Reply 1592
hannahhi
nope
lol
but it was a dual carriage way going onto a roundabout then back again..

I hate it when they get you for 'undue hesitation'. Like they say, everyone drives differently, sees safety differently. The examiners just expect you to drive like THEY would normally drive. Any excuse to fail you tbh. Like when I failed my test on monday I clipped the curb, I mean..was I causing anyone any danger? No. It's all so ARGH
i know!
the first examiner i got was so uptight and didn't talk and kept sighing all the time
second one was nicer and talked.

Clipping the curb's no big deal- as you said you weren't causing anyone any danger. It shouldn't fail you..
Reply 1594
hannahhi
i know!
the first examiner i got was so uptight and didn't talk and kept sighing all the time
second one was nicer and talked.

Clipping the curb's no big deal- as you said you weren't causing anyone any danger. It shouldn't fail you..

The one I had had BO, I couldnt smell it the whole time but there was the odd waft of it every now and then =/. Next time though I won't be so nervous, because now I just wanna prove a point to those feckers.
eww.
hope you dont get BO person again!
second time round it isn't so bad cause you know what to expect!
Reply 1596
hannahhi

majors were:
wrong lane
undue hesitation

WAIT A MINUTE so undue hestitation is MAJOR...omg!!!!!!..i thought that was a minor...my instructor said im too cautious...meaning undue hestitation.....*sulks*
Reply 1597
jus-mi
WAIT A MINUTE so undue hestitation is MAJOR...omg!!!!!!..i thought that was a minor...my instructor said im too cautious...meaning undue hestitation.....*sulks*

as with most......things....in....the driving test it really....d...e....p...e....n....d...s
So true - although it is usually several minors leading to a major - however you CAN acculmulate these at the same junction, if you miss several good opportunities to 'progress'
jus-mi

depends howw long your hesitation is!
I held up a big pile of traffic= MAJOR

Latest

Trending

Trending