The Student Room Group

Does it annoy anyone else that they don't sell 28/30 size bras?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jabberwox
I measure as a 28D. The thing is, I have to make do with 32D which doesn't properly fit, as I can't find 28-sizes ANYWHERE in stores unless I pay ridiculous amounts online.

I've never understood why shops don't sell smaller sizes in bras. Some girls can even be as small as 26 or 24. Why do most shops start at 32? It's incredibly frustrating...

I got measured as a 32D but I realised it was because they used the 'plus four' method and realistically, I am 28 in back sizing. It's so annoying. Does this annoy anyone else?

Surely a 32D is huge on you if you are a 28D? You need a 32B if you're buying a 32 band size.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9300
Reply 21
I'm a 30B/C (depending on style, and I know, I have tiny boobs), and after being frustrated with pretty much everywhere cheap, I now buy all my bras from debenhams. Good styles, seems to be a good fit and pretty cheap! :biggrin:
I measure as a 28D. The thing is, I have to make do with 32D which doesn't properly fit, as I can't find 28-sizes ANYWHERE in stores unless I pay ridiculous amounts online.

I've never understood why shops don't sell smaller sizes in bras. Some girls can even be as small as 26 or 24. Why do most shops start at 32? It's incredibly frustrating...

I got measured as a 32D but I realised it was because they used the 'plus four' method and realistically, I am 28 in back sizing. It's so annoying. Does this annoy anyone else?

As someone else said, surely if you're buying a bra with a 32 band size, you'd need to size down a couple of cup sizes (28D = 30C = 32B)

And as for the 24 or 26 band sizes, this surely is impossible. I'm tiny and I'm a 30-32, who on Earth would be a 24 :s-smilie:
This annoys me too! I'm a 30 back and I go to Debenhams, they're own brand range are good, last time I got a multipack, 2 for £10.00 and they're a nice quality. I'm sure they also do 28 backs!
Reply 24
Original post by sarahthegemini
As someone else said, surely if you're buying a bra with a 32 band size, you'd need to size down a couple of cup sizes (28D = 30C = 32B)

And as for the 24 or 26 band sizes, this surely is impossible. I'm tiny and I'm a 30-32, who on Earth would be a 24 :s-smilie:

I tried a 32 B but I couldn't squeeze them into the cups :P I have a very slim back but large and fatty boobs (fortunate eh) so bras can be problematic. Sometimes I don't even bother and just wear tank tops instead, they drive me mad.

24 probably is impossible, I was just illustrating the point that smaller back sizes are difficult to come by :tongue: but I have heard of people being 26.
Reply 25
Original post by Inglenook
I'm a 30B/C (depending on style, and I know, I have tiny boobs), and after being frustrated with pretty much everywhere cheap, I now buy all my bras from debenhams. Good styles, seems to be a good fit and pretty cheap! :biggrin:

I bought a couple from Debenhams too. They fitted perfectly to begin with but now they are far too tight (probably doesn't help I've put on weight though... :tongue: )
Reply 26
I tried a 32 B but I couldn't squeeze them into the cups :P I have a very slim back but large and fatty boobs (fortunate eh) so bras can be problematic. Sometimes I don't even bother and just wear tank tops instead, they drive me mad.

24 probably is impossible, I was just illustrating the point that smaller back sizes are difficult to come by :tongue: but I have heard of people being 26.

if you couldn't fit into the cups of a 32B then your probably wrong about thinking your a 28D in the first place.. your probably a bigger cupsize than a D if you were measured as a 32D but are actually a 28 back. Maybe a DD or even an E.
I think the first think you need to sort out is finding out what size you actually are. Then use the advice from people on this thread of where to find decent priced bras with small backs (that are actually your size).

I bought a couple from Debenhams too. They fitted perfectly to begin with but now they are far too tight (probably doesn't help I've put on weight though... :tongue: )

as bras get older they tend to get looser not tighter.. maybe your not actually a 28 anymore.

I would suggest going for another bra fitting somewhere else.
(edited 11 years ago)
Oh my days yes this irritates me to no end. I'm a 28GG and only one store near me stocks this size, and the bras are often ugly. Seeing pretty lingerie in high street stores gets on my nerves cuz it never fits me, and the huge cup sizes only come with a huge back size and they look awful, as if they were for old women :/
Might be worth trying boux avenue and then i always end up on brastop
I'm a 30D and I usually buy from Debenhams, or the outlet at Figleaves. They both sell lovely, comfortable bras in a wide range of sizes for affordable prices :smile:
I've found size 30 backs in John Lewis and M&S but it depends if you want your bras underwired...
Original post by PaperChain
I'm a 30D so I know your pain :frown: M&S and Debenhams are the only places I can find bras, LaSenza used to be great but I hate them now because they do so many nice bras and none of them go down to a 30 back :frown: Someone said Ann Summers earlier but I've never seen less than a 32 there either. Why is 32 the cut of point for everywhere? :s-smilie:

And you know what's even harder than finding 30D bras, finding 30D bikinis!

Agreed! I tried and failed. :tongue:
Reply 32
Marks and Spencers do both 28 and 30, expensive but wait until the end of the sale I've bought bra's from 50p to 3 pound in there down from £20+ !! Bargain
YES. Until I found that M&S do 28D's and 28DD's. They're expensive though, so sale's are awesome. Also try ebay - you can get new m&s bra's with a 28 back for very little as our size isn't very common :biggrin:
Reply 34
Original post by Sophie_284
Marks and Spencers do both 28 and 30, expensive but wait until the end of the sale I've bought bra's from 50p to 3 pound in there down from £20+ !! Bargain

do you know if they do 30C? normally I have to selfadjust them with a sewing machine

hate being such an awks size haha!
Its probably not a very common size. Shops won't stock items that not many people will buy. It's annoying though but it's the way it is :P

I measure 30G, so I feel your pain :frown: I'm forced to buy my all my underwear from a shop here called Bras N Things, but it's not that bad, just pricey sometimes.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest