University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

People applying for UCLan 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Smudjygirl
Well done! I'm so happy for you xx

thank you :biggrin: hopefully you'll hear back from them soon!
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Original post by Matteh. :D
Thank you! Does this include a tour of IQ Kopa? :smile:

It doesn't, since Kopa isn't university owned. I think the halls you view are Roeburn (en-suite) and Derwent (Standard) however this might have changed. You can book with Kopa to view a show flat however you only get to see the more expensive rooms which aren't booked through the university.

Just so you know, there's no guarantee you will get Kopa, since accommodation allows you to state en-suite or standard, and you get allocated to each hall on a first come first serve basis. Therefore you can't state a preference for one hall over the other.
Reply 42
Sounds like a tough course. I hope you enjoy it though when you get in (^-^)

Thank you so much! :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Is anybody applying for Sports Journalism. Also does anyone know if Preston has a good night life, and is the area nice? Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Original post by TaylorGang_4
Is anybody applying for Sports Journalism. Also does anyone know if Preston has a good night life, and is the area nice? Thank you!

My cousin said it does and she was a student at UCLan. She said it is a very nice area. She decided to live there now so i bet it is a good place. Can't help with the journalism part though, sorry.
My cousin said it does and she was a student at UCLan. She said it is a very nice area. She decided to live there now so i bet it is a good place. Can't help with the journalism part though, sorry.

Thankyou :smile:
Reply 46
Original post by pilot_master
Hey! Sounds like an interesting course you are applying for, Smudjygirl :smile:

I have applied for Computer Games Development and I got my offer last week, was very happy haha! UCLan is my first choice :smile:

What got you into Eastern Fashion? :smile:

By the way, I am fairly new to forums so hopefully I have done this right haha...

I want to be a video games designer! Well create the concept ideas and stuff haha :biggrin:
Reply 47
I got a letter today congratulating me, but it never said anything about an open day. I hope they do send me one, as I haven't really had a look of the place yet.

You probably will in a few days time :biggrin:
Reply 48
Original post by ivxx
You probably will in a few days time :biggrin:

I got it today! :biggrin: The dates are really late though!

If the dates are June, ignore! You want the applicant days, though dates have not been agreed. The applicant days are more focused on people who have received offers and trying to decide firm/insurance/decline, that's what you want now!
Reply 50

woop woop! Which dates did you choose? I chose the 16th of Feb as my first and the next one was sometime in March haha.
Reply 51
Original post by ivxx
woop woop! Which dates did you choose? I chose the 16th of Feb as my first and the next one was sometime in March haha.

I am also thinking February, as it's just past my exams. :smile:
Reply 52
Yeah i got an offer a few weeks ago, 6 days after sending my application.

I've applied for International Tourism Management and Firmed it, i need to complete my BTEC at the grades MMM(I'm predicted DMM) but also need to pass my GCSE Maths resit and get a grade C

So i've insured Liverpool John Moores just incase as they don't require Maths but i think they want a DMM

and Yeah theres an applicant day in Feb, March and August, i chose the one in Feb, even though i have visited the Open Day and already firmed it, the taster sessions sounded pretty good.

I've visited IQ Kopa if anybody has any questions, it was really nice and spacious but the bed was quite compact compared to the other EN-Suite i visited (can't remember it's name)

Also i'm in Preston EVERY weekend as my boyfriend lives there so i can answer questions about the city too, or if any of you have applied to Hull, i live there so can answer questions about that too!
(edited 11 years ago)
Hi everyone. Who else is applying for UCLan as a choice(first choice) and what are you planing on studying there? I've applied for Eastern fashion design. Anyone else want this course? No idea if this is the right place to put this, and it's probably to early. But still :tongue:/I think it's safe to assume this failed...

I applied for deferred entry last year, that was too early :P

I got an offer for Asia Pacific Studies but I'm considering switching courses when I get there to TESOL with Modern Languages :smile:
Omg I just got an offer to study Law
Entry requirements were BBB I thought I would go for it anyway as my predicted grades were only BCC! No one is as shocked (but happy) as I am!! :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 55
I just received an offer to study Biomedical Sciences!! I'm so stoked, this is my first offer....it's like omg someone wants me at their uni! :dance:

I had to write them an email though, as the conditions of the offer weren't really clear to me...but still! I'm so happy :yeah:
Reply 56
Original post by echelon_m
I just received an offer to study Biomedical Sciences!! I'm so stoked, this is my first offer....it's like omg someone wants me at their uni! :dance:

I had to write them an email though, as the conditions of the offer weren't really clear to me...but still! I'm so happy :yeah:

Well done! when did u send the app?
Reply 57
I just got my first offer and it was here!! Is anyone studying philosophy? It seems to be quite a sparce subject!!! LOL :tongue:
Reply 58
Just made Policing at uclan my first choice :smile::smile::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got an offer for film production:smile:

Link to my YouTube account:
http://youtube.com/#/watch?feature=m-ch-fea&v=6La9kmFXC5E

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending