The Student Room Group

Retaking Maths GCSE?

I'm 16 and currently at college taking Btec art and design. I got a C in maths at school and towards the end of the year I really started to enjoy it and I was first predicted an E in maths and I ended up getting 2 C's (units and linear) I was wondering is there anyway I can retake my maths GCSE because I'd love to take A level maths as well. I understand its really hard but I love the challenge. I'd love to study for the maths in my own time (the GCSE and the A level) how can I go about this?
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
You can retake it. Ask your college if they will allow you to do it there.
Reply 3
Im also retaking maths because of a grade C

Find an exam centre where U can retake the exams

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by _Shmiley
I'm 16 and currently at college taking Btec art and design. I got a C in maths at school and towards the end of the year I really started to enjoy it and I was first predicted an E in maths and I ended up getting 2 C's (units and linear) I was wondering is there anyway I can retake my maths GCSE because I'd love to take A level maths as well. I understand its really hard but I love the challenge. I'd love to study for the maths in my own time (the GCSE and the A level) how can I go about this?

If you're studying independently then you just need to find an institution that will let you sit the exam(s) as a private candidate. This could be the college that you're at currently, or somewhere else if you are travelling for your current course and want an exam centre closer to home.

Best to ask a couple of places (including your current college) what their policy is :smile:
Reply 5
In some places you can retake GCSE's for free. Im retaking Maths and English this year

Quick Reply

Latest