The Student Room Group

Medlink 2012: how was it for you?

As above
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Awesome! I really liked it! What about you?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2
Having said that, maybe I should clarify:
I really liked meeting new people, making new friends and generally having a lot of fun. I honestly loved the people there - everyone was like-minded and open. The lectures were interesting though some lecturers were better than others. The HEMS one was incredible. The thing that really amazed me was the breadth of Medicine you could do. It also gave an insight into how university could be like in terms of accommodation and food. The campus itself was nice enough but it rained constantly and I suppose that was a bit of a downer.
However, a lot of the time, they were simply trying to sell us more stuff. That irritated me. The Grenada Uni talk as well - I get that it's good, but when someone asked how much it was per year, the lady giving the talk never have us a proper answer. I don't know about you, but the Edge session I bought a ticket to wasn't bad and there were lots of tips for writing personal statements that'll come in handy, but a lot of the things James was telling us were just so... Medlink. Any Uni can look at the link to our 'blog' and know we've done Medlink. I'm not sure they're too keen on it either - at the end of the day, Medlink is a business and we are customers. A lot of the things advertised weren't all that great. The interview - we were given the impression that it would be with professionals or students but in actuality, they were with peers. It was nice to get feedback, but it wasn't the impression we were given on the tin. Also, having a 'pet student' who goes to the Uni you're applying for? I'm sorry but that'll never happen. Which medical student would rather be helping a kid than revising for finals or going out? They have lives as well as us and its just not fair to expect people to come at our beck and call when we are so much younger and less qualified than they are.
Still, 'twas good, but because of the awesome friends I've made there.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
*PURELY because of the awesome friends I've made.
Reply 4
Original post by Amaranthina
a 'pet student'

LMAO?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Did you go to the Edge session? Those were his EXACT words.

Reply 6

Really enjoyed it, would definitely recommend to be people who are either unsure if medicine is the career they want, or if you have concerns about getting the grades. It definitely made me decide in medium, merely due to the breadth that they showed! 60% of the lectures were great, as you said, the HEMS and the Navy ones were particularly awesome! Some of them were indeed just about getting more moonay, but I'd say it was worth it and the people were overall pretty cool :smile:
Original post by Amaranthina
Also, having a 'pet student' who goes to the Uni you're applying for? I'm sorry but that'll never happen. Which medical student would rather be helping a kid than revising for finals or going out? They have lives as well as us and its just not fair to expect people to come at our beck and call when we are so much younger and less qualified than they are.
Still, 'twas good, but because of the awesome friends I've made there.

Presumably it is sold to the students as having a "pet applicant" rather than the other way around.
Reply 8
Original post by Fission_Mailed
Presumably it is sold to the students as having a "pet applicant" rather than the other way around.

Go on feed it a biscuit :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending