No, but a Tiger Wood

Wow that is great!! Love it xD
Original post by MoonsLoveChild
I could never. I have really strong morals
plus I don't like physical contact
AND the more drunk I get the more loyal I get, apparently

That sounds good :smile:
Reply 63
I can't think of any situation where I would cheat. Even when I'm very drunk I understand what I'm doing. Also, if I actually wanted to cheat then that would be the sign that I need to get out of the relationship, so I'd end it before it ever came to that.
I think, unless you don't have any ounce of feelings or caring towards your current bf/gf whatsoever, cheating just makes you feel bad anyway, so it's not really worth the guilty conscience. I think it is so much better to just confront your boyfriend or girlfriend and tell them you no longer have feelings, or have fallen in love with someone else which is reciprocated. Obviously, this is easier said than done and the short-term repercussions can be bad, but I think generally it is a lot better than being secretive and then being discovered.
Original post by twelve
What about if you are in an abusive relationship, and the person who have the chance to be with truly cares for you and makes you feel happy and loved. You saying you wouldn't enjoy that one night you might have?

Why would you need to "cheat" then and enjoy just one night with them, when instead you could leave the person who's being abusive to you (I don't know why you wouldn't have done this sooner tbh, regardless of the other person), and then be with the one who cares for you instead, and enjoy however long you want with them?
Reply 66
Original post by concubine
Yes.

Because there are circumstances in which all humans would.

Anyone that claims otherwise is a two faced, lying ****. (and also a misguided fool that believes that monogamy is a fantastic and superior thing)

That's rather beside the point.
'Cheating' implies that the couple have agreed to be monogamous. No point committing to being monogamous if you don't care about the person enough to prevent you breaking their trust.
Reply 67
no, I've had sexual thoughts about other people but I could never act on them. Cheating would mean losing him and the thought of that makes me feel utterly sick. It would also hurt him which I couldn't do.
Reply 68
[QUOTE="Anonymous;40728084"]
Original post by sarahhulyer

I need to see if what I'm getting into is worth it though first don't I? I mean obviously if this new girl has bigger boobs, longer legs, prettier face, body of a gymnast and satisfies all my fantasies etc and just happens to have more in common who am I to say no? I mean I was once with this girl who I thought was ok at first but then she became rather boring and then there was this other female friend of mine who grew closer to me and we started spending more time together etc and I just found her a whole lot more attractive. I mean it's like a choice between a Porsche and a Skoda....no contest.....Porsche always wins. Sure it's unfortunate having to cheat but at the end of the day not everyone makes the right choice and there were other reasons too why I grew apart from her.

Perfectly valid :biggrin:..but say you got with the Porsche :colone: lol and she cheated on you for someone who had lets say bigger abs,a nicer face, taller? would you just be like 'ahh well of course she is gonna choose the Porshe over the Skoda:angry:' even if you really liked her:tongue:
Reply 69
Original post by Anonymous
Imagine if this is your girlfriend:
http://plancksconstant.org/blog1/iamges/sub13/hairy-indian.jpg

But then along came a hot girl like this:
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/817/659/alicia-sacramone_display_image.jpg?1301353443

Come on it's a no contest. I mean some girls could pull off armpit hair but they'd need to be incredibly sexy and fantastic in so many other ways but the first girl just seems to neglect herself and if I had to wake next to someone like that for the rest of my life, I'd top myself.

LOL but surely you wouldn't get with someone who 'neglected' themselves and had armpit hair if you were aiming for someone in the second attatchment. If they approached you you would just say in the nicest possible way 'shave those hairy pits first ..baby :colone:' rather than getting with them and then leaving/ cheating on them when you found someone better :smile:?
Reply 70
Original post by M1011
A 'single pringle'? :confused:

A lonely cheddar?:confused:

:L
I think anyone who SAYS in advance that they would is awful, BUT at the same time you don't know what happens in the future or what situations you're going to be in, so you can never give a yes or no answer for definite about anything like that.
Reply 72
Original post by Harold 50a
I think it if someone better comes along its likely for stupid people to cheat :/

lol a good summary for this thread :cool:
Reply 73
It seems like a lot of people here are talking as though cheating means they want to trade their partner for the person they're cheating with. Sometimes, sure.

But nah, I think more commonly actually people just want to have their cake and eat it. Knowing it's wrong but lapping up the pleasure. They enjoy being with their partners and they enjoy the excitement of a fling, so they do both hoping the partner simply won't find out. You can dress it up and try to make up other reasons in these circumstances, because it's hard to admit that you would risk hurting your partner so badly for fun - really though, it is just for fun. I have met several married men who live by the idea that "what she doesn't know won't hurt her", one said 'it makes the relationship better, keeps it stronger - you are refreshed'. They're not hypocrits though, they insist that what they don't know won't hurt them either! When one married he said to his wife the next day 'You can do whatever you want, I just don't want to hear about it'. Although mostly people don't say anything like that, they just do.

I have never cheated and never will. Personally that kind of lifestyle is not for me at all! Genuine mutual love, respect and trust all tha way. I couldn't stand the idea of touching anyone else or seeking pleasure and gratification from anyone other than my partner. We're a unit.
Reply 74
Original post by tazarooni89
Why would you need to "cheat" then and enjoy just one night with them, when instead you could leave the person who's being abusive to you (I don't know why you wouldn't have done this sooner tbh, regardless of the other person), and then be with the one who cares for you instead, and enjoy however long you want with them?

Yes you could leave them, but in reality it is harder than that.

My point is just that you can't know what you would do in any given situation. You can suppose - maybe you would have the strength to leave the other person (not sure I would, but then I don't know) and you can say you'd WANT to act in a certain way, but you just can't know.
Reply 75
People cheat because humans aren't biologically programmed to mate for life. You can be totally in love with someone and still cheat just because you're dick is doing the thinking rather than your brain.
I'd never be able to cheat, I would feel extremely bad and guilty. I feel bad if I've found/ been given somebody else's money that I've been told to keep so lord knows how I'd feel if I cheated on my boyfriend xD

On the plus side I'm happy with him, to be honest there have been times where I wanted to break up cos I was finding the distance and the fact that I hadn't seen him in a month extremely stressful and hard to cope with but then I saw him again and all of that feeling went away :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Ribbits
They're not hypocrits though, they insist that what they don't know won't hurt them either! When one married he said to his wife the next day 'You can do whatever you want, I just don't want to hear about it'. Although mostly people don't say anything like that, they just do.

Actually I think people like that are hypocrites. They may say they would be ok with it, but I don't think they actually would be. They just say that in order to justify their own behaviour.
Reply 78
I would never cheat. I've been cheated on, and it made me want to be sick when I found out. It's the worst form of emotional pain I've ever been through, so no, I couldn't do it.

I once kissed someone else while I was 'on a break' during a relationship, but I ended the relationship soon afterwards, knowing that I liked the other person.
Reply 79
No, for very obvious reasons.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending