The Student Room Group

He needs to sort himself out and I don't want to be the other woman!

Scroll to see replies

I think you need to take responsibility for your own actions here too. You kissed him back, you cuddled up to him, you held his hand without pulling away. Not only is this bad for you emotionally, its bad for him and his current relationship

He needs to sort HIMSELF out. Its not your job to do that and you need to realise that. He also needs to realise this and want to do something about it himself. If he wanted your help with that, he shouldn't be playing with your emotions like this.

My advice is to cut contact, focus on yourself and move on.
Reply 21
Original post by Rock Fan
You need to cut him out for good, he's using you, he basically wants you as a fall back option in case things don't work out with the other girl

This could be true. I'm scared that I'm using him as a back up too. I'm scared of ending up alone. I really want to be with someone much better for me who treats me better and is kind and sensitive. But I am not great with attracting guys and I don't really get the chance to meet new guys either. It just isn't happening right now. I suggested space cos I really do want to try to move on. I know I can but I didn't want to 'lose' him in case I don't find anyone. He could be my back up. I know that's harsh but I do 'love him' and maybe one day it could work out better when we're older and in a different position.

What I don't understand is his relationship with his GF is good. He said she made him happy, perhaps even happier than I did. I know my flaws. I am pushy and emotional and get upset and angry very quickly. I do want him to be happy, even if it's not with me. I'd accept that in time.
Original post by Anonymous
This could be true. I'm scared that I'm using him as a back up too. I'm scared of ending up alone. I really want to be with someone much better for me who treats me better and is kind and sensitive. But I am not great with attracting guys and I don't really get the chance to meet new guys either. It just isn't happening right now. I suggested space cos I really do want to try to move on. I know I can but I didn't want to 'lose' him in case I don't find anyone. He could be my back up. I know that's harsh but I do 'love him' and maybe one day it could work out better when we're older and in a different position.

What I don't understand is his relationship with his GF is good. He said she made him happy, perhaps even happier than I did. I know my flaws. I am pushy and emotional and get upset and angry very quickly. I do want him to be happy, even if it's not with me. I'd accept that in time.

Sounds like you need to sort yourself out as well. You need to deal with and get over your insecurities. Make chances to meet new people. Get yourself out, live your life without leaning on him. If you can't learn to be happy with yourself, by yourself, neither he nor anybody else will be able to do it for you. Stop looking for another person to give validity to your life and happiness.
Original post by Anonymous

You're better off being single than being used as an option and being used.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending