The Student Room Group

Diagnostic radiography 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
If you don't mind me asking. What were your predicted grades ?
Original post by nem102
If you don't mind me asking. What were your predicted grades ?

ABBBE in Environmental studies, Chemistry, Biology, Health & Social Care and physics :smile:
Reply 182
5 A-levels, nice ! I can hardly manage 4 :smile:
Original post by JammyGit07
Thank you! Urm my ucas officially got sent off the day before half term which was the 25th :smile:

Thats ace!!!
where else have you applied?
I've applied for BCU but waiting to hear x
Original post by nem102
5 A-levels, nice ! I can hardly manage 4 :smile:

Helps when you do a 3rd year ^_^ Was in hospital the 1st year so re-did it :smile: and even now my physics is suffering :/

Original post by Carly181286
Thats ace!!!
where else have you applied?
I've applied for BCU but waiting to hear x

I've also got Cardiff, Canterbury and City London which I've applied to :smile: Cardiff and Canterbury have sent me letters saying thank you for applying etc, with Canterbury sending me an additional sheet to complete which is "Reflection of clinical visit" and asks me a series of stuff such as "what do you perceive to be the role of the radiographer in modern healthcare" :smile: and saying they wont be offering interviews till every application is in (January 15th) :smile:

Still havent heard from city yet tho :/ I think they tend to respond quite late in the whole scheme of things :s-smilie:

Oh and both Exeter and Portsmouth both have sent me sheets about "Fitness to practice forms" which seem similar to a CRB check :s-smilie:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 185
I completely understand, I dropped it after a month. :smile: chemistry and biology are a lot easier and a lot more enjoyable
Original post by nem102
I completely understand, I dropped it after a month. :smile: chemistry and biology are a lot easier and a lot more enjoyable

I envy you XD I find the subject its'self interesting at times with radiation and theory, but the maths.. I've never been especially talented at maths, i got a A at gcse but the step up was huge :s-smilie: if you dont take AS maths your just set at a huge disadvantage :/
Reply 187
Yeah, I achieved an A in my maths GCSE however I'm am completely useless at physics. My physics teacher was also awful :/
Original post by nem102
Yeah, I achieved an A in my maths GCSE however I'm am completely useless at physics. My physics teacher was also awful :/

Same :/ *useless at physics five* ^^

Good thing is, the lecturers and students I've talked to have said there isn't that much to the physics in the Radiography course, and no real maths involved :smile:
Reply 189
Great! I have heard exactly the same thing. My friends have told me there is a lot of biology within the degree
Original post by nem102
Great! I have heard exactly the same thing. My friends have told me there is a lot of biology within the degree

From what im going on its mainly anatomy?

The Egg Militia posted this

"Our first modules included; anatomy of the appendicular skeleton, radiation physics and evidenced based healthcare, which is sort of an education on hospital etiquette.

Appendicular skeleton include lower and upper limbs... so humerus down to the distal phalanges, and the femur down to halux (bit toe). Each semester there seems to be an anatomy module, so axial skeleton semester 2, skull, brain and vascular system in 2nd year, and by 3rd year you're expected to put it all together. throw in pathologies and you're in for a tough course:P"

Do you know if anything other than Anatomy biology wise is in the course? Trying to nail down everything before my interviews :smile:
Reply 191
I'm not sure. I think most of the question will be based on why you want to become a radiographer and what you learnt from your placement .
Original post by Dimples_ND
Same!!!!! :0
Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahaha were are you applying? I really hope they dont give interviews to early want to prepare. So nerve racking even thinking about it
Original post by Dimples_ND
Portsmouth
Hertfordshire
Birmingham
City
Do not require the clinical visit forms beforehand_well that's what the admissions told me when I emailed they said if you are short listed then bring the documents with you

Hope that helps.
I'm so anxious I'm scared of straight rejections. I seriously don't know what I'll do if I'm rejected 😓

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so so much, really does help. Do you know whether St George's/Kingston and Leeds do?
Does anyone know if Liverpool will accept if you haven't done clinical visits beforehand? My friend has hers scheduled for late December. If anyone is wondering Bradford and Leeds do not require you to send your forms in. Leeds said they ask only when they have given you an offer. Cumbria and Salford have theirs online. :smile:
personal statement help needed! my tutor crossed out loads of stuff and said i need to write about anyt research or stuff i have read about radiography e.g new developments in technology. i have no idea what to write or where to research as google searches bring up old stuff like 2004 which is way too outdated. what do i do :s-smilie: dnno what else to write aaah
Original post by weevilspongebob
personal statement help needed! my tutor crossed out loads of stuff and said i need to write about anyt research or stuff i have read about radiography e.g new developments in technology. i have no idea what to write or where to research as google searches bring up old stuff like 2004 which is way too outdated. what do i do :s-smilie: dnno what else to write aaah

Research hmm, my statement didn't say much on that area, more that I'm doing an epq of advancements within the radiography field, though if you want to discuss that, then "CAD" or computer aided diagnosis is definitely a modern development that's becoming more and more advanced :smile:

Have you had any work experience in a radiography department? because writing about procedures you witnessed etc and how radiographers interacted with patients can be good to write about and will definitely help :smile:
Reply 197
Yay I finally found a radiography feed :biggrin:
I've applied for diagnostic radiography at Liverpool, university of ulster in Northern Ireland and Edinburgh Queen Margret, then therapeutic at university of ulster and Glasgow Caledonian...haven't heard back from any on offers or interviews, starting to worry :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by abfast
Yay I finally found a radiography feed :biggrin:
I've applied for diagnostic radiography at Liverpool, university of ulster in Northern Ireland and Edinburgh Queen Margret, then therapeutic at university of ulster and Glasgow Caledonian...haven't heard back from any on offers or interviews, starting to worry :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You need'nt worry :smile: A number of universities wait for January 15th (Ucas deadline) to start issuing interviews :smile: Canterbury told me it was a way of treating each applicant equally etc.
Reply 199
Original post by JammyGit07
You need'nt worry :smile: A number of universities wait for January 15th (Ucas deadline) to start issuing interviews :smile: Canterbury told me it was a way of treating each applicant equally etc.

Ah ok :smile: thanks for reassuring me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest