The Student Room Group

Diagnostic radiography 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Has anyone got into university doing diagnostic radiography with btec level 3 applied science...and which universities?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 581
Just got an interview from Leeds this morning!!!:biggrin:....Soo nervous! Does anyone know what i should expect?
Reply 582
Offer from Cardiff !! Finally :biggrin:
Reply 583
Original post by Muzalfah
Just got an interview from Leeds this morning!!!:biggrin:....Soo nervous! Does anyone know what i should expect?

I have an interview at Leeds too on the 7th Feb. When's yours?
Original post by angel.iced<3
Thank you! Gonna have to call them up as I have been unfairly rejected then :wink:

Thats a good idea , tell me how it goes :redface:

My friend had this situation too but she was told that the University just hadn't updated their entry requirements yet and it's written in their policy that they wouldn't do anything lmao
Reply 585
Just wondering if anyone has been asked or would know what to say if they were asked 'why have you chose diagnostic radiography and not therapeutic' just interested to hear everyone's opinions :smile:

Anybody got tips for SHU interview?
Reply 586
Original post by cymlawrence
Thats a good idea , tell me how it goes :redface:

My friend had this situation too but she was told that the University just hadn't updated their entry requirements yet and it's written in their policy that they wouldn't do anything lmao

Which uni said that?
Original post by Bubbly-19
Just wondering if anyone has been asked or would know what to say if they were asked 'why have you chose diagnostic radiography and not therapeutic' just interested to hear everyone's opinions :smile:

Well, why have you chosen one over the other? Did it just feel like you wanted to go diagnostic? Here's a quick and likely flawed and biased outline so you can come up with some reasons.

Therapy radiography tends to focus on treatment of cancer and other diseases over a period of time with the same patients. You build up a great relationship with your patient over the sessions, which some might like, others might not. You get to know some patients will make it and be better off, but sometimes it's palliative more than radical, which I imagine can hit some people hard.

Diagnostic radiography tends to be quick contact with patients - you see them, have to build up a relationship very quickly, and then image them. You need to be able to "snap" to the patient and ensure they trust you - adapting to different patients is key. You'll deal with a lot of folks from all walks of life and see a lot of variety. You'll also see a lot more variety in your imaging methods - I believe therapy use the CT scanner to target treatment, but diagnostic uses a whole lot more - conventional radiography, fluoroscopy, CT, MRI, ultrasound and so on. You'll also work with a lot of hospital staff - diagnostic can be in A&E, in the general department or on the mobile scanners if the patient is in too poor condition to be brought to the room.
(edited 10 years ago)
I got a rejection from my 1st offer :frown: Portsmouth gave me an offer for applied physics instead...God this feels terrible :frown:(
Original post by imconfused
I got a rejection from my 1st offer :frown: Portsmouth gave me an offer for applied physics instead...God this feels terrible :frown:(

I feel your pain.. I got rejected from BCU and am shocked since the interview went well.. :'(
Reply 590
Original post by Sandra1
Has anyone got into university doing diagnostic radiography with btec level 3 applied science...and which universities?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can someone answer the above question please ^^^^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by weevilspongebob
I feel your pain.. I got rejected from BCU and am shocked since the interview went well.. :'(

At least u got an interview, with Portsmouth I didn't even get that.. And I really wanted to get into CUL, if Portsmouth has rejected, I have no chance with city :frown: I think I need my nutella...
Reply 592
Original post by Muzalfah

gah same! mine is not till march though.. :biggrin:
Reply 593
Original post by Sandra1

A lot of uni's accept it, I am doing btec l3 extended diploma in health and social care and managed to get an interview next week! They prefer applied science though. I'm not sure exactly which uni's but check on their websites, it is definitely possible!!!
(edited 10 years ago)
At least u got an interview, with Portsmouth I didn't even get that.. And I really wanted to get into CUL, if Portsmouth has rejected, I have no chance with city :frown: I think I need my nutella...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey there, I know that might sound suckish, but I got rejected by cardiff who said I didnt come across with enough knowledge on radiography and then went to Exeter who I thought I had no chance with, then they gave me the lowest possible offer which was BBC offer and was impressed for just that reason that cardiff rejected me for :smile:

Im not saying dont eat nutella...because nutellas awesome :biggrin: but your definitely not out of it yet :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by JammyGit07
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey there, I know that might sound suckish, but I got rejected by cardiff who said I didnt come across with enough knowledge on radiography and then went to Exeter who I thought I had no chance with, then they gave me the lowest possible offer which was BBC offer and was impressed for just that reason that cardiff rejected me for :smile:

Im not saying dont eat nutella...because nutellas awesome :biggrin: but your definitely not out of it yet :smile:

thanks i'm glad u got an offer with exeter, go girl ! yh nutella is awesome :biggrin:
Reply 596
Original post by FXX
Subscribing! Radiographer here, any questions about the job/course (though can't tell you much about specific universities as I only went to one :wink: ) feel free to ask.

what a level/btec did u do?
What was ur work experience at college?

Posted from TSR Mobile
thanks i'm glad u got an offer with exeter, go girl ! yh nutella is awesome :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im a guy but ill take it ^^ thank you XD and hell yeah, nutella milkshakes especially ^^
Original post by JammyGit07
Posted from TSR Mobile

Im a guy but ill take it ^^ thank you XD and hell yeah, nutella milkshakes especially ^^

oops sorry xD well u go boy ! never tried a nutella milkshake actually
Reply 599
Original post by Mjr_issues
Well, why have you chosen one over the other? Did it just feel like you wanted to go diagnostic? Here's a quick and likely flawed and biased outline so you can come up with some reasons.

Therapy radiography tends to focus on treatment of cancer and other diseases over a period of time with the same patients. You build up a great relationship with your patient over the sessions, which some might like, others might not. You get to know some patients will make it and be better off, but sometimes it's palliative more than radical, which I imagine can hit some people hard.

Diagnostic radiography tends to be quick contact with patients - you see them, have to build up a relationship very quickly, and then image them. You need to be able to "snap" to the patient and ensure they trust you - adapting to different patients is key. You'll deal with a lot of folks from all walks of life and see a lot of variety. You'll also see a lot more variety in your imaging methods - I believe therapy use the CT scanner to target treatment, but diagnostic uses a whole lot more - conventional radiography, fluoroscopy, CT, MRI, ultrasound and so on. You'll also work with a lot of hospital staff - diagnostic can be in A&E, in the general department or on the mobile scanners if the patient is in too poor condition to be brought to the room.

hellooooooooo thankyou for your reply i know why i want to do it but was having trouble giveing reasons why i loved it

Quick Reply

Latest