The Student Room Group

Diagnostic radiography 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Original post by Tweety2005
It's been more than a month now..

... And? Someone said earlier they were told they wouldn't hear until April. That's when I found out, although that was 6 years ago now.

You guys really should relax, they won't forget about you. If you absolutely cannot wait, cancel your application.
Original post by moto_a
Sorry guys, just spoke to them, Decisions won't be uploaded until Monday or Tuesday...

Okay, so not long now, admissions must have the decisions then. My fingers are crossed for everyone...:smile::smile:
Original post by FXX
... And? Someone said earlier they were told they wouldn't hear until April. That's when I found out, although that was 6 years ago now.

You guys really should relax, they won't forget about you. If you absolutely cannot wait, cancel your application.

Very worried as this is my only choice :frown:
Original post by JammyGit07
http://www.if.org.uk/archives/4732/government-announces-plan-to-cut-education-funding-for-post-18-students

There's a bbc and guardian links that you can easily find by google as well.... basically the goverment are pushing for a 17% decrease in funding for students doing a 3rd year at sixth form, meaning its not economically viable for them to take on more than one or two 3rd years...my college along with loads of others in my area annouced it wont be offering a 3rd year any more... It's rediculous seeing i a failed my 1st year due to mitigating circumstances and id be screwed without doing a 3rd year... Gove strikes again..

Its basically pass first time or pay excessive amounts to privately do a 3rd year...

That's crazy! There should be an exception for uncontrollable circumstances. I can understand where they are coming from with regards to students not working hard enough because they are relying on the third year. However it's not fair on those who do work hard and need the third year
[QUOTE="pew;46735543"]Got one on Tuesday. Totally shocked because my interview was only last week and it was really bad.[/QUOTE

I found out on tuesday as well and my interview was on 5th March, I did really bad in the Maths test I only answered one question so I was really surprised when I got the offer
Reply 1185
[QUOTE="KateLW123;46749050"]
Original post by pew
Got one on Tuesday. Totally shocked because my interview was only last week and it was really bad.[/QUOTE

I found out on tuesday as well and my interview was on 5th March, I did really bad in the Maths test I only answered one question so I was really surprised when I got the offer

Mine was 5th March too, in the afternoon. My maths was ok but I didn't have a clue with the RadBench test and the group task was terrible.
Are you firming it or do you want to go somewhere else?
Original post by katiejanelawlor
Yay! that sounds good! :biggrin: What are you other choices that are making you only 90 percent? Are you going to be moving to london?
I cant believe how quickly this year is going! Getting excited!

Well UCS have offered me the exact same grades wise and they were my first choice last year, but I didn't apply to LSBU last year and the prospect of London is drawing me in haha. Other than that I've got offers from Hertfordshire and healthcare science at Anglia Ruskin. Still waiting on Teesside. Yeah I'll be moving if I choose there, will you?
Me either!! Exam stress is already setting in haha!
[QUOTE="pew;46750716"]
Original post by KateLW123

Mine was 5th March too, in the afternoon. My maths was ok but I didn't have a clue with the RadBench test and the group task was terrible.
Are you firming it or do you want to go somewhere else?

Mine was in the afternoon too, which colour group were you in? Yes, it's going to be my firm choice but I can't reply yet because I'm still waiting for a decision from Teesside Uni who will be my insurance choice. Is SHU your firm choice too?
Reply 1188
[QUOTE="KateLW123;46765553"]
Original post by pew

Mine was in the afternoon too, which colour group were you in? Yes, it's going to be my firm choice but I can't reply yet because I'm still waiting for a decision from Teesside Uni who will be my insurance choice. Is SHU your firm choice too?

I was red. I like Sheffield but I'm still waiting to hear from Derby. I'm not moving because I'm old and I have kids in school so I have to think about commuting and some of the Sheffield placements would be really hard for me. I think I prefer Sheffield but Derby is probably more practical, if I get in.
And so the tension rises, is today ccu day :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
And so the tension rises, is today ccu day :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

Adrenaline level rising!!!!
Adrenaline level rising!!!!

Im tempted to change my alert for emails to a dramatic theme tune XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im tempted to change my alert for emails to a dramatic theme tune XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol :biggrin:
Reply 1193
I really hope we don't end today disappointed again!
Damn you apple sending me an email....dramatic theme tune wasted XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Damn you apple sending me an email....dramatic theme tune wasted XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha I also got an email from apple lol
Hahaha I also got an email from apple lol

Poor timing on their part :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1197
Didn't get into CCU. This is getting ridiculous, why is it so hard to just get a place? :frown:
Original post by Limbo212
Didn't get into CCU. This is getting ridiculous, why is it so hard to just get a place? :frown:

Have you been rejected??? When did you hear?? Sorry to hear..
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Limbo212

Sorry to hear that :frown: maybe ask for feedback? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest