The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Mental Health Nursing Interview UCLAN

Hello! :smile:

Just wondering if anyone can give me any tips or tell me what questions are asked at the interview for Mental Health Nursing?!

xxxx

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KatyElizabeth
Hello! :smile:

Just wondering if anyone can give me any tips or tell me what questions are asked at the interview for Mental Health Nursing?!

xxxx

I have mine tomorrow - what was your interview like?:smile: xxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
It went okay! We were split into small groups and introduced ourselves and were asked a couple of questions by a tutor. As a whole group we were shown two pictures and had to discuss what we thought of them and finally a Maths and English exam!

Good Luck.. You have nothing to worry about xx
It went okay! We were split into small groups and introduced ourselves and were asked a couple of questions by a tutor. As a whole group we were shown two pictures and had to discuss what we thought of them and finally a Maths and English exam!

What sort of questions were they? Like the 'why nursing', 'why mental health?' Ones orrr..?:smile: im quite excited to be honest - thats sad :P ahhaa. Is the maths and english exam okay? Cause all mine so far havent been too bad! :smile: oooh and thank youuuu xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Yeah just questions like that, nothing too scary!
The exams were okay.. Maths you can use a calculator and English was just writing about the role of a nurse xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah just questions like that, nothing too scary!
The exams were okay.. Maths you can use a calculator and English was just writing about the role of a nurse xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thankss, had my interview and not sure how it went at all! Haha. Do you know how long it takes for them to let you know?:] xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I found out yesterday and was offered a place! So only a week after i had my interview xxx
I found out yesterday and was offered a place! So only a week after i had my interview xxx

I found out two days after my interview that they had offered me a place! I dont know whether it means they really liked me or got a lot of spaces to fill :P ahhaa xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
Well Done :smile: xx
Reply 9
Agh well done .mine is for adult nursing in 3 weeks. any tips i would appreciate. thanks
Reply 10
Already had and been turned down for mental health nursing at Salford, gutted for the rejection but ain't going to lose sleep over them!, though rejection isn't nice in any circumstance!

Got interviews for uclan and edgehill soon. Have to say I am bricking it slightly now, the possibility of returning to study after an 18 year break!
Stress levels at boiling point, trying to skim through blogs and chat rooms for interview tips is frustrating.
Working in secure services on band 3 for a good few years feeling its time to move onwards, hoping uni interviewers take the hint!

Are there any thoughts from the experienced out there that I can take on board?
Reply 11
Hello!

The best advice I can give for your UCLAN interview would be to make yourself heard, especially as there will be a couple of group discussions. Most of all just be YOURSELF! I'm sure they will love you!

When I went there was 15 people in the group and we were given a picture of an overweight child in McDonalds and were told to discuss what we thought of the picture and then the same with a picture of an elderly couple. So just get a few ideas and opinions across and don't be afraid to just shout out!
At my UCLan one somebody said something I disagree with like 'they probably have a drug problem' if you disagree, say. You dont have to say it in an arsey was as I just went 'to be honest I think as a nurse it is essential that you do not judge' so dont be afraid to disagree :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13

I attended my interview day at UCLAN on Friday 15th and it was exactly the same as quoted, it concluded with a chat with an admissions staff, they looked at my certificates and asked if i had any questions. Some people said they were asked if they wanted to expand on their experiences, im presuming they hadn't said enough in the group discussions.
The staff said we should know within 5 days, not sure if that includes this weekend though!
All in all, quite a welcoming atmosphere and the fretting i endured beforehand wasn't necessary!
Sooo hope i get in!
Reply 14
thank u very much Kate jim and jade. and jimbober m sure u made it. good luck. mine next week
Reply 15
Hello I have my interview for childrens nursing tomorrow at 1am. Any one been to a childrens nursing interview at uclan????
Reply 16
I got in to Uclan!!! Unconditional!!!
Reply 17
Excellent news! Congratulations xx
Original post by Jade1993x
Hello I have my interview for childrens nursing tomorrow at 1am. Any one been to a childrens nursing interview at uclan????

It's a group interview where they present pictures so speak up, then a smaller group discussion, quite informal :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Hey guys, good luck to all of you. I was on the same intake as you Jade i think lol good to see you have made it onto the course. I checked my ucas application a few weeks ago and got given an unconditional offer. You looking forward to starting? x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending