Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff Uni Accomodation- 2013

Scroll to see replies

Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 21
I will be starting at Cardiff this sep 2013 for a masters media course and want to know more about Talybont South accommodation. I was unable to find a video for that on youtube but found a video for Talybont North. University residence is better or private. Thanks
This is so helpfull I found a page to send me to all the correct groups for each hall so if you want to meet people in which hall you are look at going into like this page, there is a post further down with links to all the halls groups.

https://www.facebook.com/CardiffFreshers2013

See you all in september
Reply 23
Thnku so much for the info, it was helpful.
Hey Guys I am A second year student and I just thought I would post about freshers as I was lost when I came to uni so thought I would give a helping hand.

Facebook Page- https://www.facebook.com/CardiffFreshers2013

Twitter - https://twitter.com/cdifffreshers13

Groups to halls are all listed on the page.

Now thats sorted lets get drunk
Taly Bont Court is the nicest hall by far !!!

Check this facebook page that I found the Official Cardiff Freshers 2013 - 2014

https://www.facebook.com/CardiffFreshers2013

Have a look at it, helped me it showed me facebook groups I can use to meet new people and so on
Quite glad I found this, and even more glad you can alter your choices on the Uni website. I may have, somewhat regrettably now, put Colum Hall down as my first choice.. Thankfully it's not been changed to Talybont Court! I was basing my decision purely on laziness and proximity to the History building... probably shouldn't have really. But cheers people.
I lived in Taly South in my first year at uni and didn't really like it to be honest. The rooms were quite small and dark and it was too far away from town!! So last year I moved into Student Castle, private student accommodation and I'd really recommend it! I'm having a placement year this year so off to London, but I'll deffo be going back for my final year. Rooms are big and bright, just as social as any of the other halls, if anything you meet people you wouldn't in the uni accommodation. I didn't even think about the other accommodation when I applied but it's deffo worth checking out.
Has anyone received confirmation of their places yet or do we have to wait till results come through too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi , i got a conditional offer in Msc Structural Engineering , i am planning to apply for senghenydd court , but i wanted to know how is hodge hall , and how is living in colum hall or the student houses in the village ??
Reply 32
My friend stayed in Hodge Hall, they are old buildings and not that good like Talybont Residences. Talybont Court is a new building which has lift facility. I am planning to go for Private accommodation which is much bigger and also costs less.

Mari I have already for my CAS Letter, I have to apply for my Visa that's it.

Any girls who want to go for private accommodation let me know. PG students usually go for pvt accommodation and you can also save 500 - 1000 pounds.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 33
Has anyone had confirmation of their accommodation options yet?
Reply 34
Original post by CLPsych
Has anyone had confirmation of their accommodation options yet?

You guys will only recieve your housing conformation once you have your results, unless of course you are doing nursing or got your results last year
Reply 35
I got my results last year :smile:
Reply 36
Hi, I am on my gap year so got my results last year so no waiting for me but does anyone know when I will hear regarding my accomodation? Applied yonks ago:wink:
Reply 37
The University accommodation will be allocated in mid or end of July. In Aug you will be updated about the accommodation.
Reply 38
Hello everyone!!I am going to be a postgraduate at business school and I was thinking about liberty Cambrian point..does anyone know anything about this hall???
Reply 39
Hey guys
I'll start my MA degree in September and am currently looking for private accommodation...which turns out kinda difficult from abroad...I saw some really nice properties provided by 2Let2 and Campbell Property but after some research I'm really shocked about what people experienced with these two agencies. Any advice for me? Or any good agencies that I could contact?
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending