The Student Room Group

Anyone applied for MOD apprenticeship?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Doesn't matter though does it lol. If you haven't been told then you can't tell them. Have you been accepted already and just waiting for a date?
Reply 21
Nope me neither. Hoping today really but definitely this week. Luckily I only have to give two weeks notice so ill say no to all overtime meaning two shifts. Lets hope we all hear soon!
I've checked the nsv.mod.uk website and it now says complete on application progress. So hopefully that's my checks done?? Still waiting to hear back though I had my medical 1-2 weeks ago. Anybody been given any more info?? I leave my current job en of August :-S.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
What does a medical involve??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does it say on the nsv.mod.uk website that the application progress is completed on yours???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Surely we should find out soon. It's only a few weeks away. You going to be in bristol??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Mine's still in progress on the nsv as well. I'm in Plymouth.

In the interview I did ask when we were likely to start and they said for the first year the course is run alongside Babcock for several months and the starting date is going to be governed by them. I know Babcock are starting on 16th September but because the MOD is slightly higher class, I was thinking we may have a week or so before?

My friend, mentioned previously, who was under Brunel & Gordano started late August a year ago, 20-somethingth. I have a mate who has got an apprenticeship with a firm and he starts two weeks Monday just gone.

God knows when they will tell us but surely we can't be starting too long from now.

And bobbyminshull, they did say not to leave any current employment. Fingers crossed their won't be anything out of place on any of our medicals but if something did happen your a bit stuck. The lady who did my medical said that she likes doing apprenticeship ones 'cos we are all fit and healthy anyway.
Yeah I know that but my work wanted 6weeks notice and if I don't get it 100% then they will keep my job open :-). So that's ok. Bit silly how they ask for 6weeks notice but say you can stay anyway. Oh well. My nsv says complete and I passed my medical. I've contacted them and they said a start date of 2/3 of September for bristol. So I should hear back hopefully by end of next week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Still nobody heard properly? Think I'm gonna ring up tomorrow if I haven't heard by midday
Reply 29
Thats odd then. Maybe I might not get any decent news then.

And the number I will be phoning is the one on the emails they have sent us. It has any questions call the number. It has external and military extensions but the external one (for us) is 01179 134 217.
Reply 30
Argh! Its doing exactly the same as it did on Friday. Basically I call and it says 'sorry, nobody is here to take your call at the moment, please leave a message'. Gonna give it a couple hours in case they are on lunch or something. If not then ill leave a message and ask them to get back to me.
Or stop pestering them and just wait. They will have loads to do so they don't need people phoning up everyday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
You've already had a 99% start date so you're not bothered. I have mates who are starting apprenticeships next week, I'm pretty sure you'd want to know if you were starting soon.
(edited 10 years ago)
I haven't had a start date and haven't been told 100% if I've got it. I had to give in my notice 6 weeks before the 2nd September, so your not the only 1.

Posted from TSR Mobile
:-) I got an e-mail today saying ie been successful and my formal offer and contract will follow very shortly :-) starting 2weeks Monday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you bristol or Plymouth.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
so does this make u an engineer and u study at uni?
Reply 37
Well done! Lets hope us Plymouth boys hear soon. Guessing within the next week seeing as we start a week later. At least your work are in the clear now as well. Mine have been moaning for weeks cos I haven't let them know for definite yet!
Reply 38
Yeah, I had that e-mail a couple of hours ago. I wish I knew why some of the checks take so long to complete. My offer is also still provisional, fingers crossed that I get a concrete offer before the course acyually starts!
Reply 39
Original post by Griffith
Yeah, I had that e-mail a couple of hours ago. I wish I knew why some of the checks take so long to complete. My offer is also still provisional, fingers crossed that I get a concrete offer before the course acyually starts!

It does make me wonder. Especially seeing as I think there are 12 apprentices in Plymouth but 65 in Bristol yet theirs were completed first?

Oh well, no news is good news I guess! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending