The Student Room Group

Anyone applied for MOD apprenticeship?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
No-one yet has posted to say they have been invited to attend a medical. If anyone has, please let us know.
Reply 81
Bristol apprentices - did you receive email regarding Bridgwater College today?
Reply 82
No, I had a call regarding my security check. They said I needed my original document (whoops). They confirmed it would be Bridgewater and that the start date would be around the 15th of October. Also, they said we would receive emails with full details very soon
Reply 83
Ok - start date will be 14 October
Reply 84
Ahh Ok my bad. I hope that they don't push the date back too much now
Reply 85
Yep, just had that email too. Does anyone know why the date and place have changed to Bridgewater?
Reply 86
The MoD competed the training with training providers and Bridgwater offered the best package which would provide the best training and potential outcome for students. I know it's a bit off a disappointment not starting til the middle of October and Bridgwater is a tad inconvenient, however the college should deliver a high standard of training. (Hopefully )
Reply 87
For all you Plymouth applicants, I received my final official offer for the MOD Project Manager apprenticeship yesterday after already completing the security vetting checks and filling out the PPE request form. Still waiting on the medical check which I can only assume will be done nearer the time, so you should all hopefully get this decision coming your way soon if not already.

Email stated further details will head our way in August. It's been a long wait admittedly as I was eagerly awaiting confirmation before handing in my notice to my current employer which was a bit annoying, but if you have any issues or problems I recommend contacting the person on the bottom of the emails you have already received. They have replied pretty quickly when I contacted them via email.

Start date is 1st September. Hopefully see you soon!
Reply 88
This is a question to those who are already doing the course this year, how much time have you spentat abbeywood this first year if any?
Reply 89
Has anybody heard anymore off the security checks?
How about the opportunities that these guys are on? There's a huge range and as the people who are on them have written about them - you can get a pretty honest opinion. http://goo.gl/DeAvYO

Felicity
Hey guys,

I have applied for this apprenticeship in Plymouth and I know it is very competitive. How hard are the selection tests? How much do they expect you to know about engineering? And just in general what are the things they ask?

I'm quite worried because I don't know much on this topic as I knew they would start my knowledge from scratch when it came to engineering.

Reply ASAP if possible, my assessment is Tuesday!
Original post by hancooper_
Hey guys,

I have applied for this apprenticeship in Plymouth and I know it is very competitive. How hard are the selection tests? How much do they expect you to know about engineering? And just in general what are the things they ask?

I'm quite worried because I don't know much on this topic as I knew they would start my knowledge from scratch when it came to engineering.

Hi Han,

Well done on getting to the assessment stage on Tuesday! Have you practiced the selection tests online yet?

Good luck!

Amit
Hi Han
I've got my tests too and I don't know anything either regarding engineering as I did not take DT at school. What are you wearing? do you know if we are being interviewed or is it just the examinations? Cheers.
Reply 94
Original post by hancooper_
Hey guys,

Hiya
My son applied last year for Abbeywood and was successful. There will be 4 lots of tests with possible scores out of 20 for each of Maths, English, Engineering and IT.
I can't provide you with any further info than that. If you have good maths and English and IT with the Engineering not so good, then your overall score might be enough to get you through. Good Luck
Reply 95
[QUOTE="Bailey01;55305769"]Hiya
My son applied last year for Abbeywood and was successful. There will be 4 lots of tests with possible scores out of 20 for each of Maths, English, Engineering and IT.
I can't provide you with any further info than that. If you have good maths and English and IT with the Engineering not so good, then your overall score might be enough to get you through. Good Luck[/QUOTE

For the assessment, casual dress is fine. If you do well enough then you will be invited to interview. Remember to take all the documents that are requested ie your original qualifications etc
I applied for the Bristol apprenticeship and there was no IT test, just maths English and engineering.
Not sure if anyone else has heard anything with regards to the outcome of there tests yet?
Hi all,
I'm thinking about doing this apprenticeship, just scouting round to see if it's for me. I'm interested in engineering, but because it's only been a recent interest I didn't do any DT or anything like that at GCSE. Currently an A2 student studying the first year of a Level 3 BTEC in Engineering at 30 credit, so I come out at the end with a AS equivalent level (predicted at Distinction and above). I have very little knowledge of engineering. I like to know how things work but not very good with my hands due to lack of experience, same with getting round problems BUT I'm will to learn and get better. Would this be the right thing for me?
Many thanks,

Steven
I've been invited to the assessment at Bridgwater college. What are the tests like? Also what dress should I wear? I'm thinking smart casual? I'd love to hear of any previous experience anyone has had so I can see what's coming and prepare for it accordingly.
Hello, I applied as well and i got an interview in plymouth, They told me that I have an Interviews and a assessment what is the assessment?? thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending