The Student Room Group

Pharmacy Interviews

Hi guys

What kind questions do they ask at the interview. I know they're gonna ask the basic ones like 'Why do you want to do Pharmacy?' but are there specific questions which they ask?
Also, which universities have the worst interviews for pharmacy and do any do any tests to decide who goes in.

Thirdly, does experience in a chemist credit you at all, as in make you stand out?

Cheers
Reply 1
I had interviews at reading, UEA and portsmouth. For the interviews at reading and Uea it was just an interview and they asked questions like Why Pharmacy? Why that particular uni? Reading asked a couple of maths question like what is 5% of 500? etc. But for portsmouth I had to do a chemistry, maths and english test. An oral test about biology and chemistry and then a group interview with 6 other people which i found not too good as you don't get a chance to sell yourself. I think experience is good but not essential
Reply 2
Gemma1725
But for portsmouth I had to do a chemistry, maths and english test. An oral test about biology and chemistry and then a group interview with 6 other people which i found not too good as you don't get a chance to sell yourself. I think experience is good but not essential

You had tests!? When was your interview? Mine was just a group interview at portsmouth
Reply 3
My interview was back in feb. I got an conditional offer but decided against going there it is very nice but very academic. When was your interview?
Reply 4
December? I can't really remember :p: Maybe they added that to the interview after I had mine? (phew!)
really dont worry about the interview, i got myself abit worked up about it before hand, but once you're there they seem to want to make you feel as relaxed as possible, and it tends to just be general questions, i wasn't asked anything specific really. interviews seemed to be more about the fact you could commmunicate than what you actually said. i had interviews at Manchester, Bath, Nottingham. portmouth asked me to attend an interview, but because i wasn't that keen on going there i rang them up and said i wasn't going and they still offered me a place! so really don't worry about it!!
as for work experience most people i talked to had some, but i didn't talk to everyone!but it is definately better to have it than not.
Reply 6
i had an interview at portsmouth, it was a group one so it was very relaxed. The only annoying thing abt group interveiws is some1 will always say wat you wanted 2 say just before you!! But it was fun coz you get to talk 2 other applicants. In out group we got asked about, why portsmouth? wat pharmacists do? wat did you see at your work experience? thats pretty much it!

Latest

Trending

Trending