The Student Room Group

Leaving without notice - Urgent help required!

Hello
I worked in a budget clothing chain (primark) for about 6 months and wasn't happy due to some fault on my part getting two complaints and not calling in when I was ill (no phone credit) and also due to the fact that I failed my 5 and 10 week probationary tests (but they still kept me on for some reason) I was on the tills and started last September when I was 16. ( first job)

I came into work and I had a disciplinary meeting due to the absence and I was under immense pressure as they can be very daunting with two managers and a scribe and I quit there and then. I didn't cause a fuss and told the manager who asked me a few questions why and I said it was because of the pressure of the disciplinary meetings and left. I never regretted it and was glad that I went ( they probably were too!)

So I'm in the business of applying for university in september and looking for another job. Do I mention that I worked there for 6 months and left so abruptly or do I not mention it at all? They said they were going to send me a certificate of service or something but that never happened.

I'm worried about the fact that a future employer or uni will ask them about what happened and the fact that I wasn't a very good employee and left without proper notice.

Any advice would be much appreciated!
Thanks
Original post by Obliteration

I'm worried about the fact that a future employer or uni will ask them about what happened and the fact that I wasn't a very good employee and left without proper notice.

Any advice would be much appreciated!
Thanks

It depends whether you have two other people you can use as Referees. If you have, then you can put it on your CV if it offers evidence of relevant skills, but ask for References from other places. If you would have to use them for a Referee, then don't put it on, but more than that, have a rethink, because they won't give you a (good) reference, ie you have to have two other Referees anyway, in which case you can put them on! Just have a more polished reason for why you left.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending