The Student Room Group

Rapist gets HIV from victim

From BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-23935768

Justice! Now THAT'S what I call karma! Rotten git deserves everything he gets. No sympathy for him. This pleases me greatly that some kind of justice has been done - and he only has himself to blame!

Do feel sorry for that poor women, besides being victim of horrible crime it means she is also HIV+.

Just hope that the courts don't now shorten his sentence on 'compassionate' grounds, as I know it's entirely possible in this ridiculous justice system of ours. He deserves the full sentence, whatever that is for rape these days.

Scroll to see replies

Rapist got what they deserved imo
Reply 2
Shame the NHS will now have to pay hundreds of thousands of pounds for his treatment though...
Well that should send a clear message to future rapists.
Reply 4
Original post by cakefish
From BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-23935768

Justice! Now THAT'S what I call karma! Rotten git deserves everything he gets. No sympathy for him. This pleases me greatly that some kind of justice has been done - and he only has himself to blame!

Do feel sorry for that poor women, besides being victim of horrible crime it means she is also HIV+.

Just hope that the courts don't now shorten his sentence on 'compassionate' grounds, as I know it's entirely possible in this ridiculous justice system of ours. He deserves the full sentence, whatever that is for rape these days.

How is this good? HIV isn't a death sentence anymore, so it's just means that the NHS will have to pay an absurd amount of money to treat him with HAART. Furthermore, he's a rapist, he has HIV, it's likely that he'll re-offend and pass the disease on to some other innocent person, damaging their life.

How would that be justice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Lol at what his barrister said. What's the point of even having a barrister if they're going to be so vocally against you.

On a primary note, he got what he deserved.
Reply 6
Lol Karma's a b****
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
Urrm all the article says is that she has HIV. The chances of a man catching HIV from a +ve woman from one sexual encounter is actually very low.
Reply 8
It says 'may have' and the chances are slim that he'll get it. Learn to read.
Reply 9
Original post by I Will Mix It

I really doubt it. don't get me wrong right, i'm just saying if i were say a burgular, and i heard that someone was caught because of some sort of smart water, i'd take precautions to avoid smart water if you see where i'm coming
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
This rapist could have had for instance, a wife. Too many victims in this case, its sad to hear
*may* have HIV
Reply 12
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-23935768

Does it make me a bad person for wanting it to happen? Would serve him right.
Reply 13
Nothing at all wrong with wanting him to get it. I think if you rape somebody and you are sane then you shouls have HIV injected into you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by seana39223
Nothing at all wrong with wanting him to get it. I think if you rape somebody and you are sane then you shouls have HIV injected into you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't see your logic. Injecting HIV into a rapist? A rapist is somebody likely to go around and perform similar acts on someone else and pass the virus on to them. What would you do then? Ensure they get AIDS? It's ridiculous.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by I Will Mix It

to use condom lmao.
Reply 16
Original post by StephenNaulls
I can't see your logic. Injecting HIV intro a rapist? A rapist is somebody likely to go around and perform similar acts on someone else and pass the virus on to them. What would you do then? Ensure they get AIDS? It's ridiculous.

And I'd lock them in a dark room so they would never have access to anybody.
Reply 17
Original post by nexttime
Shame the NHS will now have to pay hundreds of thousands of pounds for his treatment though...

Indeed, that, plus the cost of keeping him in prison will make him rather expensive :s-smilie:
Reply 18
Good.
Reply 19
No. He may have HIV from the victim. Poor rapist! He just forgot about safe sex.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending