The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Sixth Form

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys,

I'm in year 10 at the moment and since we literally just finished Work Experience (the entire focus of year 10 was work experience tbh),our teachers are now pushing us to consider 6th forms, since my school doesn't have its own. The 6th forms in my area are really not.... places I would want to go.... and after a lot of research and 'surfing the internet' I stumbled across this post/thread or whatever you call it.

Just wanna say a HUGE thanks! I've literally read pretty much everything on this post/thread and wow! I literally cannot wait to apply for 6th forms- its been really interesting and quite eye opening to be honest reading your thoughts and experiences. Good luck! As far as I am concerned, I am considering taking Biology, Chemistry, Maths and geography (and french is 5 A levels can be chosen) which seem like popular choices (well at least the sciences and maths does anyway) :d.

Just wanna ask what other schools or 6th forms did you guys apply for? (Not the expensive fee paying ones, I'm pretty poor tbh)

Anywaysssss guyssssss GOOOOD LUCKKKKKK
and maybe see ya next year :d haha
Reply 881
Hey guys, do any of you use iMessage/Whatsapp/Kakaotalk? If you would like to get to know each other, message me your ID/number, it would be nice to have some friends before school starts, haha (:
I could set up a private Facebook Group where it would be easier for us to interact. Anyone interested?
If so, PM me with your names so I create the group then add you to it.
Or if you need proof of my identity, before you give me your names, I will be able to provide that.
Original post by aecop
Hey guys, do any of you use iMessage/Whatsapp/Kakaotalk? If you would like to get to know each other, message me your ID/number, it would be nice to have some friends before school starts, haha (:

Good to see a new face around here. What subjects did you apply for?
Reply 884
Original post by Winading001
Good to see a new face around here. What subjects did you apply for?

I applied for physics, chemistry, maths & further maths (:
Reply 885
Why on earth you guys are already active at 6am in the morning is beyond me, :tongue: but yes, I'm in, winading, and I believe you know my name already. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
I could set up a private Facebook Group where it would be easier for us to interact. Anyone interested?
Or if you need proof of my identity, before you give me your names, I will be able to provide that.

I'm game for it. :smile:
Reply 887

Original post by aecop

Sure guys :smile:
Also, aecop is the friend from my school :biggrin:
If anyone has facebook / whatsapp etc pm me and I'll add you. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Woah i didn't know there was a HWSF thread on the student room, it's pretty cool to know that there are people going to the same sixth form as me on here

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Onepunch-man
Woah i didn't know there was a HWSF thread on the student room, it's pretty cool to know that there are people going to the same sixth form as me on here

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey there. What subjects are you taking for A-level?
Hey there. What subjects are you taking for A-level?

Maths, Economics, Chemistry and Physics. What about you??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Onepunch-man
Maths, Economics, Chemistry and Physics. What about you??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Biology, Chemistry, History and English Literature
Reply 893
So i didnt get 2 of the schools for 6form that i applied for, and ive got another 2 schools to get back to me. Honestly, i have given up.. I havent got the school i wanted, and i dont think i ever will get the other two. I dont understand why luck isnt on my side?
Reply 894
Original post by Aoxo
So i didnt get 2 of the schools for 6form that i applied for, and ive got another 2 schools to get back to me. Honestly, i have given up.. I havent got the school i wanted, and i dont think i ever will get the other two. I dont understand why luck isnt on my side?

where didnt you get into and what schools are your back up
Hi everyone, I'm in year 10 at the moment and am wondering whether you apply with your Summer predicted grades or your Autumn ones?
Reply 896
Hi I was wondering if anyone knew the policy regarding what happens if you don't get the required grade for one of your A-Level options but you meet all the others. Do you get to change to a subject that you met the criteria for or do you get your offer revoked?
Original post by notamondaygirl
Hi I was wondering if anyone knew the policy regarding what happens if you don't get the required grade for one of your A-Level options but you meet all the others. Do you get to change to a subject that you met the criteria for or do you get your offer revoked?

Change subject some schools make exceptions yhough.
Is anyone here attending any of the lectures?
Original post by smileyface5678
Is anyone here attending any of the lectures?

I'm attending the Principal's Maths one. Should be interesting. :smile: How about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending