The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Sixth Form

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StrangeBanana
I'm attending the Principal's Maths one. Should be interesting. :smile: How about you?

I'm actually attending both, my tickets arrived today:smile: I want to meet as many of my future classmates as possible.
Reply 901
Original post by smileyface5678
Is anyone here attending any of the lectures?

I'm only attending Joanna Carr's lecture :smile:
Anyone know anything about Bishop Thomas Grant School (BTG) in Streatham Hill?
Hey guys,
I was selected to be a member if the student council for HWSF and we recently had a meeting and I thought I should report everything discussed as you may find this information useful.

1.The dress code for boys and girls is suits, they said wear something you think a lawyer would wear.
2. We have school on Saturdays, which you may find off putting,however, its A-levels and you should be studying on the weekend anyway!
3.We have extra long holidays to make up for the 6 days a week school e.g November half term is 2 weeks, xmas is three ect.
4.There is a waiting list if anyone wants to apply now
5. We are following the exact timetable of Westminster school with 7 40 minute lessons a day apart from Tuesday afternoon which is for sports and activities.
6. We shall be attending one of the Harris schools for recreational sports activities
7.In the first year there is no food on site so pack lunch will have to be the solution
8.The first year there will only be 165 students so we will only use 3 of the 7 floors in the building
9.We will be separated into "houses" we're currently trying to think of names for each of the houses so if you have any ideas please pm me.
10. There will be a treasure hunt on the 28th June for students that were offered a place as a chance to get to know one another.

So far the school sounds challenging, exciting and I think that if you get the grades( hopefully everyone will) you should all definitely accept the offer.

Hope you found this useful
xx
Hajar Jarir
Original post by hajarjarir

Apply to what?

Thanks a bunch for the info, by the way. :hat2:
Reply 905
Original post by StrangeBanana
Apply to what?

Thanks a bunch for the info, by the way. :hat2:

I interpreted it as people who still want to apply for a place @ Westminster H.
Thanks for the update Hajar.
Original post by :-P
I think that would be correct...the waiting list is for late applicants who pass the entrance tests but get a place if someone else rejects theirs :P
Original post by :-P

Gotcha, thanks.
Yes exactly, sorry I didn't phrase that well! If you're interested in applying there is still a chance to be on the waiting list.
If anyone has anymore questions feel free to pm me Id be more than happy to help if I can.
Original post by ParisInc.
Hi guys! I've decided to come out of the shadows and post on here. I got offered a place for Sept. 2014 and I had decided to go because I got rejected by my two other top options but the other day I got acceptances from them, and one of them is a top grammar school. Harris Westminster looks really good but I can't make my mind up so I'm putting this galaxy-altering decision on here...what should I do???

Your choice. Do what you feel is right for you, no one else can make that decision for you.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey guys,
I was selected to be a member if the student council for HWSF and we recently had a meeting and I thought I should report everything discussed as you may find this information useful.

1.The dress code for boys and girls is suits, they said wear something you think a lawyer would wear.
2. We have school on Saturdays, which you may find off putting,however, its A-levels and you should be studying on the weekend anyway!
3.We have extra long holidays to make up for the 6 days a week school e.g November half term is 2 weeks, xmas is three ect.
5. We are following the exact timetable of Westminster school with 7 40 minute lessons a day apart from Tuesday afternoon which is for sports and activities.
6. We shall be attending one of the Harris schools for recreational sports activities
7.In the first year there is no food on site so pack lunch will have to be the solution
8.The first year there will only be 165 students so we will only use 3 of the 7 floors in the building
9.We will be separated into "houses" we're currently trying to think of names for each of the houses so if you have any ideas please pm me.
10. There will be a treasure hunt on the 28th June for students that were offered a place as a chance to get to know one another.

So far the school sounds challenging, exciting and I think that if you get the grades( hopefully everyone will) you should all definitely accept the offer.

xx
Hajar Jarir

9. I think the houses could be the same as the name for the houses in Harry Potter;
Grifindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin
Original post by sharangan106
9. I think the houses could be the same as the name for the houses in Harry Potter;
Grifindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin

That had already been suggested by a fellow Student Counsellor ,during the Student Counsellor meeting we had last Monday, and it was rejected by Mr Handscombe.
But...but that's the most amazing idea ever. What about dauntless, candor, amity, erudite, and abnegation?
Districts 1-12?
After the 12 Gods of Olympus?
Fandom fantasies...
It seems as if this thread has gone quiet! Anyway, anyone 100% sure that they're going. I'm not sure :/
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1399977328.344254.jpg

(Unrelated pic, I just found it hilarious)

Check out my Tumblr!
Hey guys,

xx
Hajar Jarir

Sorry I* just read it over again lol
(edited 9 years ago)
School 6 days a week? :rofl2::rofl3::rofl:
GG life and rest that is required to continue the motivation to study A-levels.
GG WP HWSF, begging it to Westminster School and not making their own timetable.

Why can't I post anonymously?

:russia: cyka blyat
Hey guys,
This is my first time writing on this thread, I just wanted to say hello to my fellow students (hopefully if the grades are there)
Thank you for the information from the Student Council Meeting Hajar, however I do have a question that I couldn't find an answer to on the website:
So I have purple hair...
Well, half of my head is purple (kind of like dip dyed hair), and I don't know whether that would be a problem?
There aren't any rules on hairstyles so far, and I'll probably wear my hair in a ponytail anyway. I know we are supposed to dress like a lawyer, but hey a lawyer could have dyed hair right? XD
So yeah do you guys think that'll be a problem?

Yolanda
Original post by Yolanda_P
Hey guys,
This is my first time writing on this thread, I just wanted to say hello to my fellow students (hopefully if the grades are there)
Thank you for the information from the Student Council Meeting Hajar, however I do have a question that I couldn't find an answer to on the website:
So I have purple hair...
Well, half of my head is purple (kind of like dip dyed hair), and I don't know whether that would be a problem?
There aren't any rules on hairstyles so far, and I'll probably wear my hair in a ponytail anyway. I know we are supposed to dress like a lawyer, but hey a lawyer could have dyed hair right? XD

Yolanda

Only rule is to "dress like a lawyer"... Dress - meaning the apparel/clothing/suit/pyjamas that a lawyer would wear. Unless your hair is your wig then you have a problemorino. If they say you have to get it do a more depressing colour then one must do it unless it is not in the school rules to have a plain colour of hair.

Jokes on all you people: I got the 1000th post¡i!
Original post by Yolanda_P
Hey guys,
So I have purple hair...

Yolanda

Hi, I will hopefully be attending HWSF too in September. I think it is quite likely that the school will ask you to have your hair a 'natural colour'. Did your previous school have a problem with it, or did you only dye after you finished GCSEs? I agree with you though, there aren't any clear rules, and I think the school needs to make their stance on these things much clearer (the dress code should be a lot more specific).
Also, the Principal said that he would be sending out reading lists for our subjects over the summer, does anyone know when we'll be receiving these? If we are to read four books, it will probably take at least a month, if not more for those with busy summers!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending