The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Sixth Form

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mithi11
Hi, I will hopefully be attending HWSF too in September. I think it is quite likely that the school will ask you to have your hair a 'natural colour'. Did your previous school have a problem with it, or did you only dye after you finished GCSEs? I agree with you though, there aren't any clear rules, and I think the school needs to make their stance on these things much clearer (the dress code should be a lot more specific).

My school was super strict so they didn't even allow us to have dyed hair at all! Also no jewellery/makeup. :frown: Hopefully our first assembly will cover any questions we still have, but just to be safe I'll dye it brown or something. Thank you!
How are you finding Harris Westminster now?
Is the commute okay?
Is the teaching good?
Is it socially goof outside of a work environment e.g. parties etc.
What is the best thing and the worst thing about it?
Original post by SpeedyGonzalez
x

Who are you? Who do you think you are?
??
Original post by SpeedyGonzalez
??

Identify yourself!
I will be attending the open morning which is coming up pretty soon. Harris Westminster sounds really good! I've applied already, hopefully I am called up for an interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 927
I went to their open morning and the students over there are really nie
Original post by Babs Akinsowon
The school is absolutely amazing the teachers very good from what i've seen

Glad you liked it :smile:

There will be another open evening on Monday the 24th of November, and this will be the last open evening as far as I know.
Reply 929
I really enjoyed it when I went there on the open morning, but I'm not sure I'll have the grades to get it :frown:
I've applied for Spanish, Religious Studies, Economics and Maths. Already got an A* in Spanish, also an A in Religious Studies and I need an A in maths this year and as for economics I believe they judge your capability for this on the entrance exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile
8A* for this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wait is this school a boarding school?
Reply 933
Original post by slothgenius
Wait is this school a boarding school?

It isn't a boarding school.
I just want to ask a quick question: do you know roughlywhen they’ll email back about the entrance exams? I’ve already sent myapplication and they’ve sent me an email saying they’ll contact me about theentrance exams in due course. I need to stop worrying xD

Yeah man you never know! And St Marylebone, Holland Park (the school I go to currently) and Camden School for Girls

Posted from TSR Mobile
Too far, too many posh *****s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys! Apart from Harris Westminster what other relatively good schools are still accepting admissions? I figure most selective schools have closed their applications... Having a hard time trying to find ones whose are still open
Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi There

Were any of the application successful.Did you aquire a place .If so how are you finding it as my son has applied for 2015.

Thank you

Regards

kenya
Original post by Sister kenya
Hi There

Were any of the application successful.Did you aquire a place .If so how are you finding it as my son has applied for 2015.

Thank you

Regards

kenya

Hi! I don't think they rule people out until after the entrance exams which are in jan I think they'll send an email out about it soon x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending