The Student Room Group

JOB INTERVIEW- HELP! (Debenhams)

Hey guys! I need help!:frown:

Basically i have an assessment day with Debenhams this thursday and im actually bricking it lmao

Can anyone give me some advice and what to expect?

What products did some of you pick to sell to your group?

Thanks for reading please help a mate in need! :smile:
As with any job interview, be confident - remember even when they're asking you to work in a group they're actually seeing who is confident and who isn't. Contribute and put yourself forward.

With regard to the item, as well as talking about the item, try to link-sell - "...and of course the neutral colour of the duvet allows it to match most bedsteads - you can also find matching pillow cases for the complete look." "The fine china tea cups are perfect for any special occasion - we also have in stock matching fine china tea pots for the full ensemble."

Talk and show you work well in a team, talk about how you enjoy customer service (interacting with people, solving problems, communicating, etc.) and smile.
ahh yes i heard that group work is important!! Will try my best at that! thank you so much! :-)
Reply 3
Original post by alannahstephens
Hey guys! I need help!:frown:

Basically i have an assessment day with Debenhams this thursday and im actually bricking it lmao

Can anyone give me some advice and what to expect?

What products did some of you pick to sell to your group?

Thanks for reading please help a mate in need! :smile:

Hi, I was just wondering how your assessment centre went, I have mine on Monday :s-smilie:

I read most of the old forums, and they pretty much say that you start of with an ice breaker, where you say 2 truths and 1 lie, then a CUSTOMER FOCUS exercise, and then you go out on to the shop floor and list 3 good points and 3 improvements that you have found in the store. I after this there is a 1-2-1 interview. Is this what you went through?
Original post by london24
Hi, I was just wondering how your assessment centre went, I have mine on Monday :s-smilie:

I read most of the old forums, and they pretty much say that you start of with an ice breaker, where you say 2 truths and 1 lie, then a CUSTOMER FOCUS exercise, and then you go out on to the shop floor and list 3 good points and 3 improvements that you have found in the store. I after this there is a 1-2-1 interview. Is this what you went through?

hey there, yeah that's exactly what I went through :/

Did it end up going well then?
Original post by Kagutsuchi
Did it end up going well then?

Yeah it actually did! Don't wanna be too positive cause I could end up not evening getting the job lmao, well got to have faith though! Fingers crossed.
Yeah it actually did! Don't wanna be too positive cause I could end up not evening getting the job lmao, well got to have faith though! Fingers crossed.

Fantastic - I hope you get it.

If not, tell me who assessed you - I hold and you punch. :smile:
Reply 8

Oh thank you for letting me know! Good luck!! A lot of people said on here that you get contacted within 2-10 days, fingers crossed :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending