The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
TSR's PS Helper service is very useful - and only people who are at or have graduated from uni can access the secure forum.
Sample personal statements are available on our wiki.

Reminder: posting e-mail addresses on TSR are against the rules.
Evenstar
Writing my personal statement is definitely not something I'm looking forward to! I won't have to do it for another year, but already I'm freaking out over it.

Do you think the vet schools I apply to will look unfavourably on me 'cos I haven't "wanted to be a vet all my life"?

:frown:

nooooooo... definitely not - I didn't want to be a vet until the end of year 10 when we had to do some compulsory work experience - i had no idea whatsoever what i wanted to do... decided that working at a vets for a week might be quite interesting - and I absolutely loved it! After that I researched it a bit more got some more work experience and loved this too... so it wasn't really until half way through year 11 that I decided - I even said this in my interviews (didn't write the whole waffle in my personal statement as there's not much point really) and it didn't stop me getting offers.
Reply 22
This may be rather random, but if You can indeed give a budding vet wannabe help on his personal statement would you mind adding me to MSN ([email protected])? Hell Ill talk about anything vet related, but erm I need help... please lol.
Reply 23
In my personal statement i went on about loving biochemistry (as was applying to one vet uni and rest for biochem) and at the interview, the intervier said she LOVED it because most vet students put the typical "i love animals, and always wanted to be a vet etc. hehe
im applyin to vet med in september and im sorta worried bout wat to write on my personal statement!if ne current vet students or ppl wit offers cud send me an example of thier personal statement jus to see wat its like dat wud b gr8!hope sum1 can help!cheers
Reply 25
Where -did- I put my personal statement :s ? If/when I find it (surely it's still on UCAS somewhere...and I know it's stored on here somewhere...) then I'll give you a kind of outline as to what I put...the nightmare is actually fitting half of what you want to put in.

Latest

Trending

Trending