The Student Room Group
University of York
York
Reply 1
When I was on the open day I was told that York's nightlife is basically in Leeds.
University of York
York
Reply 2
wildchild
Yo Yo Yo anybody goin York this September? I'm doin Psychology! Is it nightlife or shitelife? hit me back respeck

Yeap, I'm going to York this Setpember to do Maths. Apprently it's not the best night life in the world: Most of it being based in pubs as opposed to clubs. But leeds is nearby, and it also has the fastest train line to London (it takes an hour and half) so you can easily go home at the weekend if you get bored!

http://vision.york.ac.uk/ is a newspaper written by students at York, which will probably have a lot more information about nightlife.
Reply 3
yeah, york has a pub for every day of the year, that'd make for one hell of a pub crawl, it has sum not bad nightclubs, so i'm told, but it depends what ur after, i'm sure you'll find sumthing but it cant ever be as good as leeds
Reply 4
hmm, york nightlife isnt meant to be fantastic, but i saw, you make ur own fun!! even london would be boring if you didnt make the effort!!!!! :biggrin:
yeh im goin to york to do french and german this october. i think the nightlife in york is ok, but obviously leeds is main place for clubs etc, not bad cos only takes 15 mins by train!
I'm hopefully off to do French & Linguistics at York in October.

I've been thinking about the nightlife none stop since I visited the place and my conclusion is this - there are about 6,000 undergrads at York - it's gonna be almost impossible not to make friends and make your own fun.

Plus, the academic reputation speaks for itself!!
Reply 7
yeah good points everyone thanks
wildchild
Yo Yo Yo anybody goin York this September? I'm doin Psychology! Is it nightlife or shitelife? hit me back respeck

Go to York, i would advise it.

And it isn't far from Leeds on the train - And Leeds is very good for nightlife. york/Harrogate are ok as well, if you know where to go.
RxB
When I was on the open day I was told that York's nightlife is basically in Leeds.

I would agree to an extent, although it isn't as bad as some make out. Also, harrogate is nearby and that is alright. Leeds is about 25 miles away from York.

Latest

Trending

Trending