The Student Room Group

RVC Gateway 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Do any of you already have the grades needed for gateway? I do and I was wondering if I was to get an offer do you think there's a possibility it could be unconditional? :smile: The wait is killing me so much and we've got so much longer to wait! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
If you already have you A-levels and they want to give you an offer then I would expect it would be unconditional yeah, after all what grounds could they make it conditional if you already have everything? :3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Original post by JMZRD
If you already have you A-levels and they want to give you an offer then I would expect it would be unconditional yeah, after all what grounds could they make it conditional if you already have everything? :3

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was thinking exactly the same wondering what they could actually require that I haven't got yet, got my fingers crossed so much! When was your interview? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
On the 29th of jan at 1:30, I was in group DD3. You? :3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Original post by Pie1213
Do any of you already have the grades needed for gateway? I do and I was wondering if I was to get an offer do you think there's a possibility it could be unconditional? :smile: The wait is killing me so much and we've got so much longer to wait! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I do. I'm finished school (taking a gap year this year) and I've already done my advanced highers so any offers would be unconditional. I hope there's not many interviews left!
Original post by devlina1
Yeah I do. I'm finished school (taking a gap year this year) and I've already done my advanced highers so any offers would be unconditional. I hope there's not many interviews left!

Don't you have to be a full time student when applying for Gateway? How can you apply on a gap year?
Reply 46
As far as I know there's nothing about having to be a full time student?

Posted from TSR Mobile
http://www.rvc.ac.uk/undergraduate/VetGateway/Index.cfm

"You must be attending a non-selective state school or college in the UK when you apply and must have been attending a non-selective state school or college since the age of 11."
Reply 48
Don't they allow deferred entrance and reapplying though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Original post by TheAcknowledgedOne
Don't you have to be a full time student when applying for Gateway? How can you apply on a gap year?

No I contacted them and it wad fine. Got an interview anyway so I guess it doesn't matter.
Reply 50
I just withdrawn my application, good thing I haven't heard anything from them, otherwise I would probably kill myself lol.
I had to drop chemistry, as I didn't finish my project in time and I still have my biology one to do.

damn you chemistry, damn you! :frown:
Reply 51
Awwww no :frown: yes damn chemistry! My project was so hard and took so long I got so tired xD I do salters B and I was literally living in the science department from 8-6 working all through my frees and lunch and staying late, for a full 3 weeks to get it finished. I must have done 60-70 hours worth of iodine clocks xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
Original post by JMZRD
Awwww no :frown: yes damn chemistry! My project was so hard and took so long I got so tired xD I do salters B and I was literally living in the science department from 8-6 working all through my frees and lunch and staying late, for a full 3 weeks to get it finished. I must have done 60-70 hours worth of iodine clocks xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

My project for advanced higher chemistry was the iodine clock reaction!
Reply 53
Woo!! With peroxidisulphate!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No I contacted them and it wad fine. Got an interview anyway so I guess it doesn't matter.

Oh cool, so if I got rejected (I hope I don't!) but got the grades, would I be able to take a gap year and apply again?
Reply 55
I think that's what some people have done in the last yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Oh cool, so if I got rejected (I hope I don't!) but got the grades, would I be able to take a gap year and apply again?

I don't see why not since I applied during a gap year. I am a reapplicant but this is my first time applying to gateway, don't know if that matters or not. The best thing to do if you're in that situation though is to email the RVC direct and ask, then you'll get a straight answer - hopefully you ring have to though! They said at my interview that the order in which they interview people is random. Hopefully you'll hear soon!
Reply 57
Original post by JMZRD
Woo!! With peroxidisulphate!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I used persulfate if I remember correctly.
I don't see why not since I applied during a gap year. I am a reapplicant but this is my first time applying to gateway, don't know if that matters or not. The best thing to do if you're in that situation though is to email the RVC direct and ask, then you'll get a straight answer - hopefully you ring have to though! They said at my interview that the order in which they interview people is random. Hopefully you'll hear soon!

Ahhh. Well thanks for that clearing that up. I was under the impression if I got rejected, I couldn't apply for gateway again. But I'll email them to get a definite answer. I've actually already had my interview on the 29th of Jan. I think it went ok, then again I don't know how good everyone else was.
Reply 59
Ahhh. Well thanks for that clearing that up. I was under the impression if I got rejected, I couldn't apply for gateway again. But I'll email them to get a definite answer. I've actually already had my interview on the 29th of Jan. I think it went ok, then again I don't know how good everyone else was.

Oh cool. My interview was on the 29th too. What group were you in?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending