The Student Room Group

RVC Gateway 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by TheAcknowledgedOne
Ahhh. Well thanks for that clearing that up. I was under the impression if I got rejected, I couldn't apply for gateway again. But I'll email them to get a definite answer. I've actually already had my interview on the 29th of Jan. I think it went ok, then again I don't know how good everyone else was.

I think that if you are interviewed and declined, then you can't reapply. And if you are declined without an interview you can only reapply twice more (it might be once I'm not sure)

And what group were you in? :3

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 61
Original post by JMZRD
I think that if you are interviewed and declined, then you can't reapply. And if you are declined without an interview you can only reapply twice more (it might be once I'm not sure)

And what group were you in? :3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where did you find that info? It doesn't say that anywhere on the website.
Reply 62
Original post by devlina1
Where did you find that info? It doesn't say that anywhere on the website.

You know what I really can't remember, you're right it doesn't say anywhere on the website, I think I may have got my wires crossed! Whoops :3

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was in DD1 I think
Reply 64
I don't think there's anyone on here that was in DD3 with me :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Original post by JMZRD
On the 29th of jan at 1:30, I was in group DD3. You? :3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too I was EE1! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
Original post by Pie1213
Me too I was EE1! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was everyone in your group also for the gateway?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
I was in DD2.

Does anyone know how many applicants, interviews and offers thete are?
Reply 68
I was in DD2.

Does anyone know how many applicants, interviews and offers thete are?

40 places, I know that much, the ambassador told me there were 40 this year, plus there were 44 last year and around 40 the year before, so you're looking at around 40 places :3

As for interviews, I heard that last year there were ~300 for the gateway

As for applicants? I have heard numbers from 1000-3000 so who knows

My sources were the ambassadors at the interview and open day, and a student I know on the gateway course from last year :3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
Original post by JMZRD
40 places, I know that much, the ambassador told me there were 40 this year, plus there were 44 last year and around 40 the year before, so you're looking at around 40 places :3

As for interviews, I heard that last year there were ~300 for the gateway

As for applicants? I have heard numbers from 1000-3000 so who knows

My sources were the ambassadors at the interview and open day, and a student I know on the gateway course from last year :3

Posted from TSR Mobile

So if there's 40 places I'm guessing there's slightly more offers made?

Wow, I'm actually quite surprised at the number of people they interview, I thought it'd be more like 150. As for applicants, I thought it'd be quite a lot but definitely not in the thousands!
Reply 70

Wow, I'm actually quite surprised at the number of people they interview, I thought it'd be more like 150. As for applicants, I thought it'd be quite a lot but definitely not in the thousands!

Yeah again I'm not sure at all on the number of interviews/applicants, I've just heard those numbers around, they're probably all estimates from people who don't really know, I don't think that information is readily released from the RVC you see :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Original post by JMZRD
Was everyone in your group also for the gateway?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah everyone in my group was for the gateway course :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72

For the gateway there typically are/were last year (not too sure) 187 interviews of which 58 offers are made of which 40 places are taken in September.

Sourced from a powerpoint slide that popped up during the Bioveterinary Science open/applicant day at the RVC yesterday that showed all the offer numbers and interview numbers, no number of applicants though, of all the courses the RVC do. For the 30 seconds the slide was up I tried to memorise what I could xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 73
Hope that puts some peoples spirits up about their chances :3

Also has anyone here also applied for any biovet courses? I'm so glad I did after yesterday, the RVC has a great course with great prospects :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 74
Original post by JMZRD
For the gateway there typically are/were last year (not too sure) 187 interviews of which 58 offers are made of which 40 places are taken in September.

Sourced from a powerpoint slide that popped up during the Bioveterinary Science open/applicant day at the RVC yesterday that showed all the offer numbers and interview numbers, no number of applicants though, of all the courses the RVC do. For the 30 seconds the slide was up I tried to memorise what I could xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah great! Thanks for posting!
Reply 75
I was interviewed 29th Jan, and have just received an offer for the Gateway on Friday! And, because I did so well 'apparently' they've made me an offer for the 5 year too! Woohoo! So pleased!

The part about attending a selective state school since the age of 11 means that it can't be a private school, not that it all has to be in one go without any breaks, so long as you have had nothing to do with a private school past 11 years of age you're good :-)
Reply 76
Original post by ReticuMel
I was interviewed 29th Jan, and have just received an offer for the Gateway on Friday! And, because I did so well 'apparently' they've made me an offer for the 5 year too! Woohoo! So pleased!

The part about attending a selective state school since the age of 11 means that it can't be a private school, not that it all has to be in one go without any breaks, so long as you have had nothing to do with a private school past 11 years of age you're good :-)

Wow well done! What group were you in? And is your offer for the five year CCC as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
Original post by ReticuMel

Well done!
Reply 78
Sorry for the late reply, I wasn't notified of a post!

No my offer for the 5 year is AAA, my predicted A2 grades are AAA however I'm not overly confident with that! Time will tell, more than likely I will go for the Gateway. Only reason being that I want to transfer up to Liverpool after it, and I didn't get an offer this time :frown: I think it would be a better use of my time doing the Gateway and being guaranteed a place at the RVC afterward, instead of chancing Liverpool again next year, with nothing to fall back on!! How many of you guys have heard back? Who will I be classmates with =D!?
Reply 79
Original post by JMZRD
Wow well done! What group were you in? And is your offer for the five year CCC as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can't remember group either, I THINK it was DD1 :-/ however I could be completley wrong!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending