The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Unless you get an infection, or need to stretch the skin on your ankle a lot, then yes, I expect so... of course you will once the original tenderness has gone down, tattoos are just ink. :p:
Anonymous
Am thinking about getting a tattoo on my ankle. Thing is, I am a dancer, and am wondering what the after effects will be - will I be able to walk properley? Let alone dance?

Sorry for the annon :rolleyes:

Surely if you're a dancer then getting a tattoo there might affect employment. That's what I'd be worried about.

MB
depedns wot sorta dancer she is...lapdancer by any chance?
it may be sore for about 2-3 weeks
Reply 5
Anonymous
Am thinking about getting a tattoo on my ankle. Thing is, I am a dancer, and am wondering what the after effects will be - will I be able to walk properley? Let alone dance?

Sorry for the annon :rolleyes:

I have a tattoo on the top of my foot and it hurt a lot compared to my other tattoo.

It also swelled up and was hard to walk on for the first week. It was quite sore for about 3 weeks and it got infected anyway but that was from a different reason =]

I don't know if you'd have these effects with an ankle tattoo because it's a different area really. I know that it should be rested though, to avoid any excess swelling.

Maybe you could look on www.bmezine.com and read experiences of people who have ankle tattoos? Or ask people you know? Do a lot of research first and maybe get it done at a time when you won't be dancing much?

Hope I helped =]
guccilittlepiggy
it may be sore for about 2-3 weeks
Do you mean if it gets infected? If it doesn't get infected the pain will go within a day or two, it feels like sunburn. Walking and dancing shouldn't be any problem at all.
you should be able to dance with it as long as it's not infected. when you first get it, it will be sore but not inhibiting movement. other side effects are that that it will scab (at which point you do not touch it at ALL) and that the scab will begin to fall and that it will itch a lot. because of the scab's easy ability to fall since you'll be moving so much, put PLENTY of medication on it since it will stretch. the medication will prevent peeling somewhat if you put loads. the tattoo will be rubbing against your tights (if you wear any) which also might invite infection so just be careful.
Reply 8
After effects? It will look ****?
Reply 9
musicbloke
Surely if you're a dancer then getting a tattoo there might affect employment. That's what I'd be worried about.

MB

The tattoo could be hidden using camoflage - a special type of make-up often used by people with large, visible birth marks or other blemishes.
Reply 10
i got a tattoo about 2 weeks ago and i don't think it's scabbed but the skin's just cracking and flaking round it...

am i going to die? :p: but seriously is that normal at all?
Mr. Jim
i got a tattoo about 2 weeks ago and i don't think it's scabbed but the skin's just cracking and flaking round it...

am i going to die? :p: but seriously is that normal at all?

yeah thats normal, and don't be shocked if there is ink in the flakes; your tattoo is not coming off! also dont pick it! just let it flake off.
Reply 12
Mr. Jim
am i going to die? :p:

We're all going to die Mr.Jim...It's just a matter of time...
none whatsoever, I've had one for an year. Just make sure you get it from someone professional!
Reply 14
actually, bit of bad maths i did - tattooist said it'd take 4 weeks to heal and i thought that was fine, but i got home and found out that i'd be going on holiday in 3! it's only a small tattoo, just a few lines, so the guy said it'd heal quicker than others, but this flaking's only really happened over the weekend and i'm away to greece next monday! :s i'm going back to the tattooist on friday for a checkup and to ask him what he reckons.
Reply 15
Put some Bepanthen on it. You'll be fine.
Reply 16
Segat1
Put some Bepanthen on it. You'll be fine.

woah i don't know what that is! i've been using savlon if that helps...:redface:
Reply 17
The after effects are that you'll have a tacky looking drawing stuck on your skin....forever.
Reply 18
Mr. Jim
woah i don't know what that is! i've been using savlon if that helps...:redface:
Bepanthen is a nappy rash cream. http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1042718
Reply 19

hehe trade secrets eh?

Latest

Trending

Trending