The Student Room Group

Jaguar/Land Rover Apprenticeship Scheme 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by J_S_97
Hey, does anybody know if i could apply for both the advanced and the higher? I want to apply like now for the 2015 ones but i want to see if i can apply for both.Thanks =)

Shouldn't be an issue but the applications aren't open right now. Believe the end of December they reopen
Reply 321
They are open now, from the 3rd of November. I have recieved and email from them and they said this year, only apply for one, the one which suits you the most
Reply 322
Ive been emailed to complete the online test, does anyone have any links so i can practise before hand, also any general tips?
Original post by Jaccz
Ive been emailed to complete the online test, does anyone have any links so i can practise before hand, also any general tips?

You should have been emailed practice tests not the real ones.
Reply 324
no i only got the real one, finished it just now, i have no idea how ive done, i just hope i do well
Original post by Jaccz
no i only got the real one, finished it just now, i have no idea how ive done, i just hope i do well

Best of luck. It's a great scheme to be on.
Reply 326
Original post by DonkeyShlong
Best of luck. It's a great scheme to be on.

thank you :biggrin:
Reply 327
I think we will get like other tests as well at that situational one like to do with maths etc =) My gf got a place last year and she says my application is completely different to what she did last year. Good luck!
Original post by J_S_97
I think we will get like other tests as well at that situational one like to do with maths etc =) My gf got a place last year and she says my application is completely different to what she did last year. Good luck!

Agree. I think we will be getting other tests. I completed the situational judgement test a few days ago, but have no idea how i did. I also know someone whos currently on the scheme, and they also said that so far, its a bit different to last year. They mentioned that they had some aptitude and psychometric tests, so i guess we can all practice those online as there seems to be plenty available :biggrin:
Original post by --NWzD9--
Agree. I think we will be getting other tests. I completed the situational judgement test a few days ago, but have no idea how i did. I also know someone whos currently on the scheme, and they also said that so far, its a bit different to last year. They mentioned that they had some aptitude and psychometric tests, so i guess we can all practice those online as there seems to be plenty available :biggrin:

I'd say the hardest part, is either the assessment centre, or the 3 month wait after assessment centre. The online stuff (last year at least) I think was just to show a basic level of competence
Hi, can anybody give me some links, whereby I can practise some of the tests?

Thanks.
Reply 331
hiya guys, i am applying for the apprenticeship scheme too but for some reason its seems different , the application i am filling in just asks for all my personal details and no competency based questions, where you have to right scenarios of how you displayed competency during your own personal/working time.

is everyones like that or do i have to submit that and then the application questions come, i have only all personal details and some details of grades but nothing about competency,

please could you let me know if yours was different

REPLY BACK PLZ AS WORRIED
Original post by adam.100
Hi, can anybody give me some links, whereby I can practise some of the tests?

Thanks.

Hi. I recently found this site with the following link: http://www.jobtestprep.co.uk/jaguar_land_rover

Having had a brief look at the site, it seems to provide samples and scenarios of the preparation & assessment stages involved in the application process for loads of different companies, including JLR. It looks like it provides reasonable amount of details on the different online and assessment centre stages, for example the situational judgement, numerical, verbal reasoning test etc. However, it is difficult to tell how much of what is provided is tailored for the JLR Graduate scheme, and how much is for the JLR apprenticeship schemes, but i guess there will be some overlap, and i don't think we are assessed through all the methods that are outlined on the page, for example the section which talks about doing a 10 min presentation on a topic we'd been given to research on, but i might be wrong
Original post by muzza12
hiya guys, i am applying for the apprenticeship scheme too but for some reason its seems different , the application i am filling in just asks for all my personal details and no competency based questions, where you have to right scenarios of how you displayed competency during your own personal/working time.

is everyones like that or do i have to submit that and then the application questions come, i have only all personal details and some details of grades but nothing about competency,

Hey. Mine was exactly the same. I was told by someone, who i know is currently on the scheme, that the current application process does already seem quite different from last year, so i guess there's nothing to worry about if it does seem different.
Original post by ACrooks
Oh, I thought you had applied for the advanced. I never did Math or an engineering subject at A Level, so have to make do with an advanced apprenticeship.

Your response sounds positive though. I reckon you should make it through to assessment. I have a friend in his 2nd year (Higher). He said the process is rather simple, and there are alot of people on the course that blagged their way through and aren't really interested in the company or subject. So I'm sure genuine enthusiasm and interest should help you through.

Good luck anyway! Keep us posted.

Hi its Aisha erm could I ask what is the selection process for this Higher apprenticeship for accounts and finance , I just did my Hypothetical test, I hope I get through.. its a amazing company which always refers to their employees and their hard work
some poeple blagged through and they are in the busines.. this is a joke cuz if you have researched the company so well and ur motivated to work hard and u dont get it but the person who blags it .. gets through? that is not fair
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by DonkeyShlong
Shouldn't be an issue but the applications aren't open right now. Believe the end of December they reopen

I am sure they are open for 2015 because their are deadlines
Original post by Aisha1096
I am sure they are open for 2015 because their are deadlines

They are now, think the deadline is Jan 31st.
Then I'd imagine it'll be a waiting game like last year, although they've expanded the apprentice team.
I have just done the first stage which is the application form and situational judgement test.
Original post by muzza12

HI its Aisha, yes the application form is quite straight forward and then once u have pass this stage u will be required to do a hypothteical questions test which i have just done today. So dont worry even though im worried..
Original post by --NWzD9--
Hi. I recently found this site with the following link: http://www.jobtestprep.co.uk/jaguar_land_rover

Having had a brief look at the site, it seems to provide samples and scenarios of the preparation & assessment stages involved in the application process for loads of different companies, including JLR. It looks like it provides reasonable amount of details on the different online and assessment centre stages, for example the situational judgement, numerical, verbal reasoning test etc. However, it is difficult to tell how much of what is provided is tailored for the JLR Graduate scheme, and how much is for the JLR apprenticeship schemes, but i guess there will be some overlap, and i don't think we are assessed through all the methods that are outlined on the page, for example the section which talks about doing a 10 min presentation on a topic we'd been given to research on, but i might be wrong

Thank you soo much this is a great link

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending