The Student Room Group

International colleges in UK; Oxbridge "dreams"?

New on this forum :smile:

So I need help.
I'm in search for an international college in England that offers a A-levels 3-term course (faster than the usual 2 year deal) and isn't insanely expensive. Before coming to this idea I thought about the UPC in UCL, but after reading opinions (bad ones) on this site I think this is a better idea. I want to do the A-levels since is the most commont qualification for getting into a university in the UK. Call me naive but I am aiming towards Oxbridge, if possible. I think I have the potential, but I come from a country where the qualifications I get after graduating high school aren't accepted for direct entrance.

I've seen the websites for CATS (the course is in London, so too expensive) and Bellerbys (looks ok but this type of course is only offered in the Brighton location, and that beach city doesn't seem very compatible with myself...). I sound way too picky, but really the only re
quisites are that the college is for international students, not crazy expensive and offers 3-term A-levels.

This is very rambl-y but any experiences with this would be greatly apreciated, as well as any other ideas given my situation.
Reply 1
Original post by gabriellassh
... the only real prerequisites are that the college is for international students, not crazy expensive and offers 3-term A-levels.

You clearly DO have more criteria though, seeing as you rejected Brighton.

I don't know why you don't like Brighton (enlighten us?), but if its because its too small: bear in mind its a city of half a million, whilst Oxford and Cambridge are cities of just 160,000 (albeit with a higher proportion of students).
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Not at all, I'm just not a big fan of the beach, that's all. I am willing to go there; actually I would love to. I am sure I will enjoy my time in the UK either way. Do you have any other input, perhaps you know the city well?
Not at all, I'm just not a big fan of the beach, that's all. I am willing to go there; actually I would love to. I am sure I will enjoy my time in the UK either way. Do you have any other input, perhaps you know the city well?

I'll admit to only ever having been to Brighton once, but it's not like you have to spend your life on the beach - there are other things to do y'know.
Reply 4

Don't go to the beach then? :tongue:

I guess my other input would be that asking the international students forum is a better place than here - the questions isn't really that oxbridge-specific. Perhaps you should start a thread over there.
Not at all, I'm just not a big fan of the beach,

Would it assist if I tell you that there is no sand at Brighton. It is all shingle (stones)?

Oxbidge isn't everything :')
Reply 7
The city seems nice. That school is looking more and more promising.And I know Oxbridge isn't everything, even though I would love to go there, for rational and not so rational reasons.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending