The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Original post by Christ's Admissions
What you do with History will make no difference to your Medicine application to Cambridge. We are only interested in your Sciences.

Thanks for replying. :smile: Is that the same for all colleges?
Original post by Bashur
Thanks for replying. :smile: Is that the same for all colleges?

I'm not aware of any that think differently.
Reading (books, newspaper like the FT, magazines like the Economist etc., economics blogs), lectures, itunesU, and anything that will keep your Maths up to scratch. Remember to reflect on what you learn while interning and use it as a springboard to find out more.

Ah okay, thanks :smile:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Does that mean one can apply for ChemEng via NatSci and then stick to NatSci after?

And can one apply for NatSci and then transfer into ChemEng?

Yes to both questions. There are a a limited number of places available for Chem Eng each year. Those who applied for Chem Eng get first refusal and others from either Nat Sci or Engineering can then fill any remaining places.
Original post by Sheldor
Hi,
Me again! Last chance to ask, so I was wondering what you'd see as good super curriculars for law? It's near impossible for me to get work experience as my family have no connections, but would, say, sitting in at the magistrates be ok? Do you have any suggestions? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You do not need to have work experience for Law. It's important to remember that the Law course is not primarily a vocational course, it is an academic course about the academics of the law and legal theory. Good super curriculars, therefore, should focus primarily on what will make you better at the academic study of the law and not on what will make you a better barrister or solicitor. Reading is the essential thing - the more of this you on matters related to the law and legal thought the better. it will be great training for a law degree and even better training for being a lawyer as you will have to read endless amounts as a lawyer! :smile:
Hi,
Me again! Last chance to ask, so I was wondering what you'd see as good super curriculars for law? It's near impossible for me to get work experience as my family have no connections, but would, say, sitting in at the magistrates be ok? Do you have any suggestions? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you everyone for all your questions over the last few weeks, it has been a pleasure to answer them and to see so many people interested in and very knowledgeable already about Cambridge and our courses. I am going to ask the administrators to lock the thread now but the 'Ask an Admissions Tutor' thread will return in early July after the University Open Days and again in late August after the AS results come out. The July thread may be hosted by me or by my colleague at Corpus Christi College but I will certainly be doing the August thread. In the meantime, work hard and good luck to everyone taking exams this summer and I look forward to answering more of your questions later in the year.
Thank you everyone for all your questions over the last few weeks, it has been a pleasure to answer them and to see so many people interested in and very knowledgeable already about Cambridge and our courses. I am going to ask the administrators to lock the thread now but the 'Ask an Admissions Tutor' thread will return in early July after the University Open Days and again in late August after the AS results come out. The July thread may be hosted by me or by my colleague at Corpus Christi College but I will certainly be doing the August thread. In the meantime, work hard and good luck to everyone taking exams this summer and I look forward to answering more of your questions later in the year.

Thank you very much for all of your help, everyone greatly appreciates everything! We commend you on your patience also :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending