The Student Room Group

Job Interview - Can't Remember University

Hi there

I have a job interview coming up for an IT related role. One of the main things why I have been invited to interview is that I have a BSC in Computer Networking and Support.

HOWEVER

I have never had any commercial experience. Also...i graduated in 2006, meaning it was EIGHT years ago and I can barely remember any of my coursework.

I have looked at stuff I have on my laptop from university but even reading that I find it difficult to remember specifics.

Does anyone have any helpful information. I don't know what to do.
Reply 1
Anyone? :frown:
Reply 2
Its a bit difficult not knowing what the job is or what you've been upto for the last eight years.

ie if you're going for a 1st line support role then don't worry, you don't need any of it.

If its Head of Network Infrastructure at the BBC then don't bother showing up.

Likewise if you haven't had a job in the last eight years (not sure what you mean by no commercial experience - surely you have...) then you've problems which are unsolveable.

Service Desk manager would be a problem without much experience but doable.

I'd just be suprised if they ask you anything specific to your degree as opposed to specific to their organisation. So find out about the organisation and its IT requirements (if you havent already)
Reply 3
Original post by bazm
Hi there

I have a job interview coming up for an IT related role. One of the main things why I have been invited to interview is that I have a BSC in Computer Networking and Support.

HOWEVER

I have never had any commercial experience. Also...i graduated in 2006, meaning it was EIGHT years ago and I can barely remember any of my coursework.

I have looked at stuff I have on my laptop from university but even reading that I find it difficult to remember specifics.

Does anyone have any helpful information. I don't know what to do.

The job description should give some indication as to what prior skills and knowledge are required for the job, if not, contact HR.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending