The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
zazy
Any ideas?
This is a serious thread ...What sort of jobs do you think i would be suitable for as an 18 yearold, and what job positions do you think would look good on a CV?

sorry made a spelling mistake *would*... :redface:
Reply 2
zazy
Any ideas?
This is a serious thread ...What sort of jobs do you think i would be suitable for as an 18 yearold, and what job positions do you think would look good on a CV?

- Sales Assistant
- Office Clerk
- Apprentice
- Usher at a cinema
- Barman/Barmaid
- Bank Clerk
Reply 3
Just don't deliver leaflets, I earn't an entire £2.50 today before getting soaked and having to adandon them.
amazingtrade
Just don't deliver leaflets, I earn't an entire £2.50 today before getting soaked and having to adandon them.

lol awww =(
Reply 5
amazingtrade

Ahhhhhhhhh, that's awful particularly in Manchester....
Reply 6
zazy
Any ideas?

I would recommend sales...on a cv it looks good for people skills/ capable of achieving target = drive. & you can make yourself a few quid if you are good at it.
Reply 7
zazy
Ahhhhhhhhh, that's awful particularly in Manchester....

Its annoying because its so unpredictable, I thought I had a good part time job but it seems they have no more work so I'm back doing crappy leaflets.

I need a proper job for the summer but like you have know idea what to do. I might just setup my own business or somthing.
Reply 8
amazingtrade
Its annoying because its so unpredictable, I thought I had a good part time job but it seems they have no more work so I'm back doing crappy leaflets.

I need a proper job for the summer but like you have know idea what to do. I might just setup my own business or somthing.

Shall we play an electric guitar and a bagpipe in town?? :biggrin:
I'm applying for a job at Natwest....
Reply 9
zazy

Banks...always look prestigous on a cv i suppose. Makes you appear responsible and capable.
My first summer job was working here: http://www.plazacinema.org.uk/ I couldn't find any paid work so it was voluntary but it got me the experience (and confidence) to get further jobs.

Plus it was great fun (even if it did involve watching Jurassic Park 2 over 50 times)
Reply 11
zazy

hehe we could setup next to Marc Bolan (yes thats his real name, the mad black guy who busks outside boots on Market Street) I am sure that will please him :smile:
Reply 12
Pencil Queen
My first summer job was working here: http://www.plazacinema.org.uk/ I couldn't find any paid work so it was voluntary but it got me the experience (and confidence) to get further jobs.

Plus it was great fun (even if it did involve watching Jurassic Park 2 over 50 times)

lolz....Jurassic park :biggrin: I haven't managed to cope with it for the first time never mind 50 times :eek: How did you manage???
Reply 13
amazingtrade
hehe we could setup next to Marc Bolan (yes thats his real name, the mad black guy who busks outside boots on Market Street) I am sure that will please him :smile:

Really, yeah let's do that.... :biggrin: We'd take the piss, nay???
I've seen him there quite a lot...because my friend always pops into boots to give herself a lttl squirt of Armani perfume... :rolleyes:
zazy
lolz....Jurassic park :biggrin: I haven't managed to cope with it for the first time never mind 50 times :eek: How did you manage???

spotting the mistakes, taking the piss out of the death scenes, memorising long sections of dialogue and betting how much we could each recite, warning the older customers that spitting over the balcony was not allowed, chucking out trouble makers.

And that was just the ushering/ice cream tray side of it (yup I used to have an ice cream tray - 40p for a Zoom or orange maid, 45p for a fab, 60p for a rolo, fruit pastille or the other sweety brand ones and £1 for a mega (like a magnum but crapper))

Later on I got to play about in the kiosk selling sweets and fizzy drinks... :smile:

The most drunk I've ever been was my leaving do - cheap vodka neat out of pepsi cups is not a good idea - especially when it makes the cups turn transparant.
Reply 15
Pencil Queen
spotting the mistakes, taking the piss out of the death scenes, memorising long sections of dialogue and betting how much we could each recite, warning the older customers that spitting over the balcony was not allowed, chucking out trouble makers.

And that was just the ushering/ice cream tray side of it (yup I used to have an ice cream tray - 40p for a Zoom or orange maid, 45p for a fab, 60p for a rolo, fruit pastille or the other sweety brand ones and £1 for a mega (like a magnum but crapper))

Later on I got to play about in the kiosk selling sweets and fizzy drinks... :smile:

The most drunk I've ever been was my leaving do - cheap vodka neat out of pepsi cups is not a good idea - especially when it makes the cups turn transparant.

Lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........That's the best i've heard:biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 16
errrm, sorry to interupt your post but how old do you have to be to work in a cinema?
Reply 17
zazy
Any ideas?

Any job where you can talk about achievements in working as a team, working as an individual, meeting targets and that sort of thing.

Doesn't matter what it is really as long as you can show that you've learnt certain skills when you come to an interview, or fill out a job application form.
Reply 18
Working on tills isn't a job. :rolleyes:
Reply 19
DML
errrm, sorry to interupt your post but how old do you have to be to work in a cinema?

my local cinema is looking for people- and you have to be 18 to work there so you do cert 18 films.

lou xxx

Latest

Trending

Trending