The Student Room Group

School don't have my GCSE certicficate?

Hello everyone :smile:
I am a Year 12 student in Northern Ireland, which I think is Year 11 in England.

Anyway I did my Maths GCSE in one year last year and I got an A. Two and a half weeks ago the official certificates were distributed to other people in my class who also did the GCSE in one year. However I did not receive mine.
I spoke to my vice principal, who is also my physics teacher, and he told me to speak to my maths teacher. I spoke to him and he wasn't very bothered, and told me to go and speak to the office. So I went, and each time I got told to come back again and finally someone took my name down on a post it and didn't say anything else.
I think the school has likely lost it or "misplaced it." If I don't hear anything within a week I think I shall have to go back to them and complain. I need this to verify that I have probably the most important GCSE, and I think it is unacceptable that the school have lost it.
I have been googling and apparently it costs money to get a replacement and I definitely will not be paying for it, seeing as I never received it in the first place.

Any one who can offer any help?
My exam board is CCEA by the way.
Thanks guys :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest