The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Clarence
I have a birth mark on my leg that looks like a tea stain.

Yeah, like mine. It's shaped kinda like the UK mainland, which is a bit weird :confused:
My Auntie has one on her stomach which really does look like a tea stain, because not only has it got the main splodge, but it's got little mini splodges around it. She's always been a messy eater :rolleyes:
Reply 21
I can pick up on peoples feelings/mood really easily...except girls:p: where i become a stupid... boy
Anonymous
Hey, just wondering what you guys most love/appreciate about yourselves. It can be a physical asset or a personality asset.:rolleyes:

For me its, my hips.

My height
Reply 23
Probably the fact that I can put very little effort into revision and get good grades. My memory, that's what I love the most. Generally if I learn something once it sticks.
Reply 24
I seem to turn everything into some sort of joke, basically i dont take anything seriously. On a feeeew occasions people get pissed off, n' ive been dumped in tha past 'cos of it. hahaha
Reply 25
squirly
Probably the fact that I can put very little effort into revision and get good grades. My memory, that's what I love the most. Generally if I learn something once it sticks.

This raises the question. Is 'intelligence' as defined through our examination system about how good you can 'remember and recall material' rather then actually fully understand the material? In other words, another student will be at a disadvantage to you if they have a bad memory, so unlike you; they will be unable to cram material in. As they have forgotten what so an so said, what this theory said etc etc.
squirly

Same here. It's fantastic. I was annoying people before my Core 4 maths exam in June by telling them I'd only started revising for it on the morning of the exam.

I'd probably say my other equally favourite feature is that I'm incredibly introspective. I always consider why I think or feel the way I do, and assessing my own beliefs or values. I think it's very good for refining my character and preventing me from making stupid mistakes.
Reply 27
squirly

I hate you*

My memory matches that of a Goldfish, or at least that of this little guy here > :stupido2:

*Only joking :p:
My fist, it has won me, many a battle.
i love my sense of humour. granted, i'm probably the only person who does, but i crack myself up. that's enough for me.
Reply 30
darkfairy
She said her memory was good, not her intelligence.

Indeed she did. But the point I am trying to make, is that this great ability will allow her to "pass her exams with good grades" and so will help her in going to a top uni as she is able to cram and get away with it. So from an outsider perspective she will be perceived as highly intelligent as she has an "A in this, an A in that" and is going to so and so uni.

P.S.

I am in no way doubting your intelligence, as I am sure you are very intelligent. I just wonder if you had a bad memory and tried to cram material in the night before like you have done so, how badly your grades will be affected.
My sense of adventure. :smile:

(The same answer I gave to the 'what makes you unique' thread).
Ditto on the very little revision thing, though to be fair I have a memory like a sieve which is why I can only revise right before an exam or else I'll have forgotten all the stuff.

Other than that, I'm in a good mood 99.5% of the time apart from the odd black hole moment lol
Reply 33
Tarts_n_Vicars
Ditto on the very little revision thing, though to be fair I have a memory like a sieve which is why I can only revise right before an exam or else I'll have forgotten all the stuff.

Other than that, I'm in a good mood 99.5% of the time apart from the odd black hole moment lol

Rehearsal.
I'm good at consoling people and cheering them up. :smile:
Rosalily

You never console me. :rofl:
squirly
Are you one of these magic people who use peg/link/substitution systems of making things stick in your memory the first time you learn them?
Reply 37
Rosalily

:dito: I also think that this is what I like best about myself
Ron Stoppable
You never console me. :rofl:

You've never needed me to console you. But when you do, I'll be here! :biggrin:
Reply 39
This is really weird, because as a whole I guess I'm fairly happy with myself, but then I was trying to pick one thing and I hate most of me lol!

Latest

Trending

Trending