The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Affectation
Yeah I noticed that...you know what, I think A Level subjects play a big part in the selection process cos I've noticed that a few prospective Lit undergrads took English Language at AS Level or higher and clearly that must be advantageous for the course at Leeds.

That could be true. I started AS Eng Lang in my second year of college (did Media in the first year then dropped it once I saw how crap it was), kinda wished I'd done it in the first year so I could get the full A level (got an A for the AS paper). I think what let me down was GCSE results, I didn't put much effort in and didn't get the array of A*s and As that most of my uni mates got. The point is though, we're all at uni now and they've said in lectures that a-levels and everything else doesn't matter now, everyone's on a level footing. Just a few weeks guys and hopefully you can say the same!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Yeah fingers crossed can't wait!
PinkPigeon
Agh, I keep having nightmares about not getting my grades, I' another English candidate who only got accepted by Leeds (and Warwick...but they also wanted AAB and there's no chance they'd take me with anything less)
2 weeks and counting, I just want to know now.

I know how you feel! I've applied to do English Lit and I need AAB but I'm worried because though I'm usually an A student in English I completely messed up my AS and had to retake. If that happens again this year I might just kill my examiner.
I put Reading as my second choice and they want ABB (320 points) but really if I get ABB I'm going to ring Leeds up straight away and just beg them to let me in! Not long now until we're put out of our misery so good luck to everyone :smile:
Reply 23
Elipsis
I really want to go to Leeds, I need AAB to do History. I think that I would just re-apply and retake to get a few extra marks at christmas whilst working full time.

I'm also worried about getting the AAB for History, and am just hoping that even if I don't quite make it they'll accept me anyway.
i think they will, am i right in saying applicant numbers are down..because of the new tuition fees etc.?
Reply 25
last year the entry grades for history were BBB so i shud think they wud give u a break if you missed out on the grades by a few marks
results day is 3 days away and my nerves are seriously kicking in now
My entry requirement is BBC for New Media, and i know it is not THAT hard to get compare to the other courses but it's becasue i know that ihave messed up my coursework this year as something tragic happened to my family and i found it hard to concentrate.
I predict my results are gonna be BDD and i'm wondeing whether they will still accept me:confused: :frown:
Anyone had any experiences and still managed to get in even with Ds?:frown:

Latest