The Student Room Group
Reply 1
The thought crossed my mind for a millisecond! Then I remembered I had always wanted to go to uni, and as I'm agency staff I couldnt stay on anyhoo...plus i don't think i could survive the rest of my life on about 10 grand a year..how am i supposed to be able to buy my own place? you couldnt buy a cupboard sized room in london!!!!
Reply 2
Hana_1987
The thought crossed my mind for a millisecond! Then I remembered I had always wanted to go to uni, and as I'm agency staff I couldnt stay on anyhoo...plus i don't think i could survive the rest of my life on about 10 grand a year..how am i supposed to be able to buy my own place? you couldnt buy a cupboard sized room in london!!!!

I don't think you could even rent a cupboard sized room on 10 grand never mind buy!:p: ...my job was paying a bit more than that!and I was offered the chance to have all of my studies paid for as long as I stayed on and took up a part time degree. Plus I did one year at another uni and hated it, hopefully this time it will be better.
No I’ve never considered that idea because the thought of going university makes you realize that you can benefit from more improved opportunities. And not spend your entire lifetime working in someplace that’s not going to benefit you in the long term. Furthermore going university gives you more independence, better career prospects as well as stable life, more financial security, and you can provide a better life for your children. And getting a degree not only boots your education but it dramatically improves your chance to earn a good living too.
As well this you get the chance to be able to work with a wide range of people and learn different lifestyles. UK needs more people with degrees and more skilled workers. On the whole I don’t see how a 12 grand job will provide a better life.
Reply 4
Glamour Girl
No I’ve never considered that idea because the thought of going university makes you realize that you can benefit from more improved opportunities. And not spend your entire lifetime working in someplace that’s not going to benefit you in the long term. Furthermore going university gives you more independence, better career prospects as well as stable life, more financial security, and you can provide a better life for your children. And getting a degree not only boots your education but it dramatically improves your chance to earn a good living too.
As well this you get the chance to be able to work with a wide range of people and learn different lifestyles. UK needs more people with degrees and more skilled workers. On the whole I don’t see how a 12 grand job will provide a better life.

I'm already on more than some degree holders we have around here but I guess having a degree gives you extra weight compared to others. It’s just after going to uni for a year and hating it I was a little put off by returning to another uni. Then again I finally got into the degree I’ve always wanted to study so I’m just going to go part time.

Latest

Trending

Trending