The Student Room Group

His facebook friends - lots of recently added women have disappeared?

Right this is probably going to risk sounding a bit stalkerish

I met this guy back in January, we were texting for a while and he asked me out. I was with my ex at the time, but then broke up and so now I am seeing this guy

We have only been on a couple of dates (each about 4-5 hours) and we get on really well, good chemistry etc

Anyway, he added me on facebook but I don't really use it that much and like to actually know people before having them on there.

I am still able to see bits of his profile though and for example, can see who he has recently become facebook friends with and how many he has etc. At the end of last week I noticed he had suddenly become facebook friends with quite a few women (cz in the profile it said he is friends with x and so many other people).

We met up yesterday and then today I went on, and all of these women have suddenly disappeared because it now says he is friends with x

When I looked on his friends list (under all friends and recently added), they had all disappeared - there was a few though and they are no longer there

I'm not that sharp with facebook (apart from roaming around his page our of curiosity lol), so was wondering - does that mean he has deleted them/ blocked them? Or have they just gone of fb?
Reply 1
Impossible to say really. Go on all his friends, if you remember their names see if they are friends with him at all? It may be that he added them too long ago now to appear in the recently added bit of his friends list anymore. They may not even be real people and he just accepted to see who they were and if they were real then deleted them.
I would just accept the friend request and not focus on whether or not he's friends with these women. I think you're probably overthinking this
Prob-ly think you are a pedo! :perv:
Reply 3
Original post by beckaroo7
It may be that he added them too long ago now to appear in the recently added bit of his friends list anymore.

Why are there even any other theories? This is the obvious conclusion. And the fact it didn't occur to the OP isn't so surprising when she (I will assume gender) mentions she has little use of Facebook.
Reply 4
Original post by Big-Daddy
Why are there even any other theories? This is the obvious conclusion. And the fact it didn't occur to the OP isn't so surprising when she (I will assume gender) mentions she has little use of Facebook.

Sorry I should have clarified - so when you look on both the 'recently added' and 'all friends,' they are no longer there (so not on the all friends bit either)

And the total number of friends on his profile page has also gone down

God this makes me look like a massive stalker, but was be really happy if anyone can shed light/ clarify lol
He may have added them a while ago hence why they've disappeared from the recently added list, you could troll through his friend list though and see if they come up though :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by MidnightDream
He may have added them a while ago hence why they've disappeared from the recently added list, you could troll through his friend list though and see if they come up though :smile:

iv done that and they are not on his friends list... so what does that mean?
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous

It means he's done a bit of spring cleaning to his Facebook friends list :wink:

they're not friends on facebook any more...

why does it matter anyway?

He may have blocked/deleted them or vice versa
I would recommend not getting hung up on something so trivial. Get to know him in real life and let that be how you decide if you want to be with him.
Reply 11
What you are thinking is that he added loads of girls randomly to appear cool and they have all defriended him because he never met them in real life. I think you are being a bit irrational and thinking way too much into it. He has probably just got rid of some of his friends on fb- an earlier poster described it as "spring cleaning".
Reply 12
Right this is probably going to risk sounding a bit stalkerish

I met this guy back in January, we were texting for a while and he asked me out. I was with my ex at the time, but then broke up and so now I am seeing this guy

We have only been on a couple of dates (each about 4-5 hours) and we get on really well, good chemistry etc

Anyway, he added me on facebook but I don't really use it that much and like to actually know people before having them on there.

I am still able to see bits of his profile though and for example, can see who he has recently become facebook friends with and how many he has etc. At the end of last week I noticed he had suddenly become facebook friends with quite a few women (cz in the profile it said he is friends with x and so many other people).

We met up yesterday and then today I went on, and all of these women have suddenly disappeared because it now says he is friends with x

When I looked on his friends list (under all friends and recently added), they had all disappeared - there was a few though and they are no longer there

I'm not that sharp with facebook (apart from roaming around his page our of curiosity lol), so was wondering - does that mean he has deleted them/ blocked them? Or have they just gone of fb?

Why do you care? No offence but it's pretty pathetic if you're basing your judgement of him on how many people he has on wastebook.
Maybe he's concerned what you'll think of him, because most people use Facebook or other social networks these days :smile: ?
I wonder if any of you could help me? Is it possible for a person to show up on recently added if the person didn't add them?
Just read my post I was talking about recently added on Facebook!
Original post by Foxylady33
I wonder if any of you could help me? Is it possible for a person to show up on recently added if the person didn't add them?

Yes they will appear on recently added

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending