The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Accomodation

I have received an offer for optometry at Cardiff University but need help choosing which accommodation to stay at. Any recommendation?
Reply 1
Well, what sort of things do you find most important when looking for accommodation? Would you like ensuite/shared bathroom, near to the town, near to your campus, self catered or part catered, do you have a budget? :3 All those sorts of questions helped me decide. The Talybont residences are seemingly the most common to apply to but it all depends on what you are looking for.
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Oh okay, yeah ensuite would be preferable, don't really mind how far the accommodation is and don't have a specific budget but should be reasonable I guess. I have heard that Talybont South and North were nice in terms on meeting new people and making friends but I wasn't quite sure how i would get to my campus and whether if i would have to buy a yearly bus pass.
Reply 3
The optometry building I believe is closest to Talybont South and Talybont Court (around a 15 minute walk from both). Court is more expensive but nicer - however both are very nice. South seems more popular. Both of those have en-suite. I lived in Senghenydd Court and it was a lot cheaper than all the others but is slightly further from the optometry building and is not en-suite. It is also a lot more basic. Although people say it's not as socially good in Senghenydd court, it's not true - I had a really good time there. Assuming none of your course takes place in the hospital, you will not need to use a bus. Hope this helps.
Reply 4
Thank you so much! That helped a lot! Knowing that Talybont South is the closest accommodation to optometry building, I will probably opt for that. Thank you so much for you help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending