The Student Room Group

Black and Asian men have little/no success on online dating.

Do you think this is the case?

I think white guys have more of a chance of getting a match and more responses from girls from dating sites.

looks are VERY important on dating sites, more important than the real world.

I also created 3 fake accounts (I'm on a gap year and bored...) with a decent looking white male and a decent looking black male and Asian male and the white male got more responses than my Asian/black account and girls actually messaged him first. This was over a 1 month ish period. All 3 accounts had the exact same profile.

Another thing I picked up was that black women would state they prefer white men and Asian women would state they don't prefer Asian men. Hmmmm.
Same in the real world too?

I'm not complaining or trying to stir **** up, just interested in what you lot thought?

I think race plays a big part in dating and this is why I've decided to leave online dating.

I had a lot of time on my hands so call me sad or whatever, I don't care but I think this private/small unreal unreliable study has a truth to some extent.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Which Asians are you talking about?
Reply 2
Dating sites are a waste of time for any man who doesn't look like a model. And yes, I'm pretty sure it has been documented that white women have a strong preference for white men. So yes, you're right.
Reply 3
Original post by goldie56
Which Asians are you talking about?

Well I'm Asian myself but I used an Pakistani male.

But i believe oriental men have a better chance.

Original post by quads1992
Dating sites are a waste of time for any man who doesn't look like a model. And yes, I'm pretty sure it has been documented that white women have a strong preference for white men. So yes, you're right.

Agreed.
Reply 4
As an Oriental guy who likes white girls, it's the same for us in real life. White girls just aren't into Oriental guys. :frown:

However someone who makes fake profiles has way too much time on their hands.
Reply 5
Original post by Mr Smurf
As an Oriental guy who likes white girls, it's the same for us in real life. :frown:

Feel ya.

Yah well lots of time!
As an Oriental guy who likes white girls, it's the same for us in real life. White girls just aren't into Oriental guys. :frown:

Do you not find Oriental girls attractive?
Reply 7
If this is true, then it's great news for a white guy like me. :colone:
Reply 8
Original post by Bassetts

It is true and has been for ages tbh.

But not every white guy gets lucky :wink:
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous Coward
Do you not find Oriental girls attractive?

No.

Inb4 hypocrite. Everyone is when it comes to attraction. Just because white girls do not find Oriental guys attractive does not mean I have to date someone I am not attracted to.

If you're ugly, you've got as much chance as every other race.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I hate being asian, i might as well just kill myself. no white girl will ever want me :frown:
Reply 12
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
If you're ugly, you've got as much chance as every other race.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't think I'm ugly but don't think I'm good looking either. Now what are my chances?
No.

Inb4 hypocrite. Everyone is when it comes to attraction. Just because white girls do not find Oriental guys attractive does not mean I have to date someone I am not attracted to.

I wouldn't call you a hypocrite at all.
All I was going to say was that if you were, you'd be better off focusing on them in all honesty, if you wanted to keep your options open.

Nothing wrong with being attracted (or not attracted) to whoever you want.

But, as you already seem aware, the truth is you'd need to be a very good looking Oriental or Asian guy to attract a decent amountof white women. The same (to a lesser extent) goes for black guys.
(edited 10 years ago)
Don't think I'm ugly but don't think I'm good looking either. Now what are my chances?

Better than Asian and black imo.

check your privilege

My opinion and everyone else's here means absolutely nothing without pics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by Anonymous Coward
I wouldn't call you a hypocrite at all.
All I was going to say was that if you were, you'd be better off focusing on them in all honesty if you wanted to keep your options open.

Nothing wrong with being attracted (or not attracted) to whoever you want.

But, as you already seem aware, the truth is you'd need to be a very good looking Oriental or Asian guy to attract lots of white women. The same (to a lesser extent) goes for black guys.

I don't need to attract "lots" though. Just one pretty one would be enough for now. However I have still yet to see an Oriental guy-white girl couple in real life which is quite demoralising.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjSh_esW9W4

I found this video on Buzz feed it is quite interesting...it is about racial profiling in online dating
haha you should of used that time to go out in the real world and approch females

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending