The Student Room Group

Made a huge mistake on Cambridge iGCSE English exam!

It's recently dawned on me that i didn't fully read the papers contents correctly and wasn't aware of the extra pages in the back of the booklet. So 30 mins into my exam i asked for some extra paper and the invigilator just gave it me (clearly unaware also). I filled both sides of the sheet and when it got to the end of the exam i noticed the spare pages in the back of the booklet. Whats even more unnerving is the fact that the paper couldn't even be attatched to the booklet so i just put it inside. A few other people in the exam did the same thing. Now i'm panicking that its not going to get marked or its going to get lost. Has anyone else done or experienced this?!
don't worry too much, it should be fine (fingers crossed) just focus on your other exams! good luck :biggrin:
Reply 2
Don't worry, I think you'll be ok since you put all your candidate info on the paper. Just don't forget next time :P But don't worry about it, I'm sure the examiners won't be so mean as to discount the extra sheets. It's not like Edexcel.
Reply 3
Original post by dannyakhtar123
don't worry too much, it should be fine (fingers crossed) just focus on your other exams! good luck :biggrin:

Thanks man, i'm hoping and praying haha. Good luck with yours aswell!
Reply 4
Original post by Mannz
Don't worry, I think you'll be ok since you put all your candidate info on the paper. Just don't forget next time :P But don't worry about it, I'm sure the examiners won't be so mean as to discount the extra sheets. It's not like Edexcel.

Believe me i wont make that mistake again haha. We were originally sitting WJEC then they changed it all and it confused me. That was the first time properly seeing the paper. We were told we wouldn't even get a answer booklet!
Reply 5
Original post by noobypls
Believe me i wont make that mistake again haha. We were originally sitting WJEC then they changed it all and it confused me. That was the first time properly seeing the paper. We were told we wouldn't even get a answer booklet!

Omg that's mental!! Which play and prose did you do?? I did The Tempest and I'm the King of the Castle.
I'm sure it will be alright :h: Don't dwell on it, nothing will come out of it, just focus on your next exams :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Mannz
Omg that's mental!! Which play and prose did you do?? I did The Tempest and I'm the King of the Castle.

It was Language not literature. But my literature exams are next week and i have to do, Of Mice and Men, Poetry, Lord of the Flies and Blood Brothers. Whoopie. :colone:
Reply 8
It was Language not literature. But my literature exams are next week and i have to do, Of Mice and Men, Poetry, Lord of the Flies and Blood Brothers. Whoopie. :colone:

Oh! I thought all exams were at the same time! I did Language last week. How'd you find it? I quite like of Mice and Men, Lennie is awesome xD
Thanks man, i'm hoping and praying haha. Good luck with yours aswell!

Thanksss!

Quick Reply

Latest