The Student Room Group

in your opinion , what is the best school year?

for me it has got to be either Year 7 or Year 11 as in Year 7 everything is fresh and new and also Year 11 is always fun because it is the last year and you get to leave at the end of it

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
7, 8, and 9 because you have to do **** all.
Reply 2
9 because it's the last year before you have to start doing all those ****ing exams
Year 8
Basically because we didnt have the worries of year 7 where we where all new etc. But we didnt have the sats, gcse's etc etc etc that we had in other years.
Year 12 if you take out crappy AS exams
I've forgotten what's it's like to have 5 lessons a day :yep:
Reply 5
For me it was Y9, options started and it was when I came out of my shell.
Reply 6
Year 8 because you're in the middle of getting settled in, not having any responsibilities, and before you become a proper emotional teenager: it's essentially a limbo before life kicks in.
Original post by MidnightDream
Year 12 if you take out crappy AS exams
I've forgotten what's it's like to have 5 lessons a day :yep:

Yeah, I agree, I now get soooooo bored if I have more than 2 lessons a day :biggrin:
Year 10, definitely. It was the year in our school where everyone from both halves of our year were mixed so I got to know so many awesome people I was casual acquaintances with before :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
7 was probably the easiest, 8 was fairly good too! (Apart from stress of constantly getting tested and re grouped for science) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I'd say year 8. You're not newbies anymore, and you haven't got to worry about what options to pick for GCSE's. Basically a f*** around year.
8 and 9; it was socially acceptable to get 30 days play time on COD without hindering your future education. 11 was pretty good too, you can revise the day before the exams and still get an A/A* :smile:
i was a psycho in year 9, great times

got depressed in year 10 and as a result mellowed down a lot in year 11

so id say year 9, and luckily i managed to maintain good grades by mellowing down and focusing in year 11.
Year 8 cause

Year 7 = You're the school newbies
Year 8 = You're chill nothing to worry bout
Year 9 = YOURE GONNA HAVE GCSES NEXT YEAR AND TEACHERS INSIST ON TELLING YOU OVER AND OVER
Year 10 and 11 = GCSEs

So year 8 is good cuz chill
Year 8 - you have literally nothing to do and no worries.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 15
Year 13, I have around 10 hours of lessons a week it's fantastic. Only downside is the very stressful period of a month when exams are but other than that it's plain sailing
Year 9 or Year 11 were my best memories. Year 12 and 13, where the most ****tiest years of my entire life! However, they do say, school is supposed to be your WORST bit of your life... so I can only go up from here, right? Bring on Uni 2014!!
Reply 17
Hated the stress in Year 11, but it was probably my favourite school year so far. Everyone, despite the GCSE exams, was really quite cheerful and relaxed. Probably because we got study leave for the first time at the end of the year :tongue:
Reply 19
Year 12, moved school and it was the best decision i have ever made :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending