The Student Room Group

Do Unis get told your AS grades?

Hey everyone, question is in the title.

I'd appreciate any help! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes. You have to declare any and all grades that you've already received.
Reply 2
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe
Yes. You have to declare any and all grades that you've already received.

What about GCSE because I heard someone didn't put their French and an another GCSE on it because they got a F and E in them?
Original post by Ysky
What about GCSE because I heard someone didn't put their French and an another GCSE on it because they got a F and E in them?

You're supposed to declare every single grade, even failures. If you don't declare a grade and end up at uni without declaring it, it's grounds for expulsion from the course. And it's grounds for taking offers away. Better to declare everything especially since GCSEs don't matter that much.
Reply 4
Original post by spyrogyra
Hey everyone, question is in the title.

I'd appreciate any help! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes as you enter them on your UCAS application.

Original post by Ysky

You have to declare all of your grades.

There's a great post all about declaring grades on UCAS here - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1744719
Reply 5
I swear you find so many contradictory posts / advices regarding the whole U grade declaring scenario..
Do they honestly check like whether you've mentioned your U in graphics !?
Reply 7
Original post by MATHSPOW!!

I know someone who was told by Liverpool that he didn't get a medicine offer from them because he hadn't mentioned his C in short course GCSE PE (which marred his otherwise nearly straight A*). The following year they queried another medicine applicant who had put his A* in GCSE German down but hadn't said he'd got an A and an A* in the 2 short course GCSEs that make up the whole thing. Most places aren't that picky, but you're better off not risking it.
Reply 8
My school does have a couple people every year who need warnings about this, they're pretty strict about it, so I assume it's very important to declare everything.
Original post by MATHSPOW!!

They might not, but it's ALWAYS better to declare it because the penalties for not doing so can be steep. At best it's a case of 'that wasn't good' and a slap on the wrist and at worst it's a withdrawal of offers and possibly even removal from your university course should the university find out after you already get there. It just isn't worth that risk for one crappy GCSE or AS grade, especially if it's in a completely irrelevant subject to what you're actually going for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending