The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

How badly do you have to do to get a fail in a module???

So I'm a second year philosophy student at LSE. I just finished my last exam. My other ones had not gone great and I haven't enjoyed this year at all. But my last exam was just an absolute shocker.

The exam was worth 67% of the whole grade. In my coursework I got a 65, which made up the rest of the grade.

I guess my question is... how bad do yo uhave of have done in a qualititative essay based subject in order to have failed at LSE? I don't think my essays were amazing last year but I still got a high 2:1... this year it's been far worse for me and that exam was the worst I've ever sat. But how easy is it to actually fail an exam in a subject like philosophy.

I know this own't be one of the modules I get a 2:1 in so I'm really only bothered aobut passing it...
Reply 1
Original post by andragonous
So I'm a second year philosophy student at LSE. I just finished my last exam. My other ones had not gone great and I haven't enjoyed this year at all. But my last exam was just an absolute shocker.

The exam was worth 67% of the whole grade. In my coursework I got a 65, which made up the rest of the grade.

I guess my question is... how bad do yo uhave of have done in a qualititative essay based subject in order to have failed at LSE? I don't think my essays were amazing last year but I still got a high 2:1... this year it's been far worse for me and that exam was the worst I've ever sat. But how easy is it to actually fail an exam in a subject like philosophy.

I know this own't be one of the modules I get a 2:1 in so I'm really only bothered aobut passing it...

Which modules did you do? I have to pick 2 philosophy modules for second year and just want to go for the ones easiest to get a 2:1 in.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Incompl
Which modules did you do? I have to pick 2 philosophy modules for second year and just want to go for the ones easiest to get a 2:1 in.

That one was Philosophy of Social Science. Well I didn't fail the module. I got a mediocre 2:1 in it, which I was fine. I think I'm just a worrier haha.

I did Scientific Revolutions and Philosophy (ph214 or 13, cant remember) and Problems of Analytic Philosophy (ph221 I think). My last one was an outside module. I'm not sure what to recommend to be honest. I think philosophy is just one of those subjects where it's unlikely you'll get less than 2:1 but where it's tough to get higher.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending