The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

How lenient are DMU on entry requirements?

Aiming to study Pharmaceutical and Cosmetic Science at DMU in September. Requirements for the course are B in Chemistry and 280 UCAS points from 3 A-levels. I'm confident I'll get B's in Chemistry and Biology, but that requires me to get a C in Computing. The Computing exam is tomorrow and I will not get a C, probably a D overall, which means I'll be on 260 UCAS points.
It's not like Computing is an essential part of my course, though.

I have a Biology exam Friday, and if I got practically full marks in that then I could get an A in Biology, which would get the UCAS points I need, but that is VERY unlikely, near impossible.

I have an insurance choice, but I really want to go to DMU, and I'll kick myself if I don't get in.

When I applied to uni's, all 5 came back with conditional offers, and both my predicted grades and AS grades were well below the entry requirements of all the uni's. (Entry was B's/C's and AS grades were C, D, D, E), so does that mean that the uni's might want me more and be more lenient on UCAS points seeing as Computing isn't essential for the course?

Please help me! I just want to hear some success stories and have a bit of encouragement... from any university, really, but would be good to hear it from DMU, and especially my course!

Thanks for reading all that, and thanks in advance for any replies! :smile:
Reply 1
I think if you end up with a B in Chemistry and Biology you'd be okay if you were a little lower than the required UCAS points, I've heard of people getting in without the grade requirements before, I wouldn't worry about it until you get your results. :smile:
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by shaung95
I think if you end up with a B in Chemistry and Biology you'd be okay if you were a little lower than the required UCAS points, I've heard of people getting in without the grade requirements before, I wouldn't worry about it until you get your results. :smile:

Thank you! That's exactly what I wanted to hear :smile: (...or read...)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by carrotstar
Thank you! That's exactly what I wanted to hear :smile: (...or read...)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Horray for confirmation bias !
hi Guys,*

me and my friend are looking to hand over out studios to someone else, they are brand new rooms that have just been built at upperton road.*

At £105, this is the cheapest studio you will get as they are no longer available to book through*Codedue to them all been booked.*

Please message me if you are interested.*

The building is a 5 min walk from*DMU*campus and there is a bus that goes to*Leicester*University every 15 minutes as well!*

You get so many other facilities as well, just look on their website!

Free gym in the building
Free pre drinks room*
Free common room in the building*
Free study area and printing*
Free gym classes every week!*
On site supermarket*
Free multi faith centre in the building*
Free events planned by*code*every week! Trips and nights out!*
And so much more*

Totally worth what you pay! Message me if interested thanks!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Heyy! I don't know if you'll read this or not but I've just finished my first year as a Pharmacy student at DMU.
DMU are like REALLY lenient on the grades you get. I know last year, people got into Pharmacy with BBC when the grade bounderies are like ABB. I think as long as you get the B's in the required subjects they'll definately let you in, although I can't be certain seeing as its a different course. I just wanted to give you sone reassurance :P
Wish you all the best! xx
Reply 6
Original post by Jojo_555
Heyy! I don't know if you'll read this or not but I've just finished my first year as a Pharmacy student at DMU.
DMU are like REALLY lenient on the grades you get. I know last year, people got into Pharmacy with BBC when the grade bounderies are like ABB. I think as long as you get the B's in the required subjects they'll definately let you in, although I can't be certain seeing as its a different course. I just wanted to give you sone reassurance :P
Wish you all the best! xx

Thank you so much! That's just made my day, haha :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending