The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Hey,Don't thing I've seen a post for people thinking about applying to LSE later this year (for 2015 entry), so I thought I'd make one. Feel free to post what you're applying for, your grades, how you're feeling etc. I'm personally thinking maths and economics :biggrin: although it looks hard to get into so I'm not sure :s-smilie: Need to start deciding soon though!Good luck for your results and applying for uni!
Cheers :smile:

---
Connect to LSE here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey! I'm thinking of mathematics and economics too :biggrin:
I'm an international student though and I'll be doing the Warwick IFP this year! :smile:
Which unis are you applying to ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Hi, my gap year is nearly over and I applied for a course and I no longer think I want to do it. Instead, I would like to apply for economics.
I got A*A*A in my a levels (Maths,bio,chem) and 6A*s5As at GCSE. In maths I got 100/100 in C3 and C4 if that makes a difference.
I was just wondering if the fact that I applied to a different course last year will make a difference?
Also, bearing my strange application, where do you think I could apply and realistically get a place?
Reply 3
Im also thinking maths and econ atm, however it all depends on my AS grades:redface: I got 7A*s and 3A's at GCSE which is probably below average for LSE:frown: Very worried about AS results tbh. Have any of you started ur PS? I've heard extra cirriculars aren't very important for this course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I am an offer holder for Bsc Economics and hope to go this September!

I got 5 A*'s and 5 A's at GCSE

Four A's in Maths, Economics, Physics and Theatre Studies (I know it's a poor subject) in AS!

However, I did the full Further Maths course this year! Leaving me with 5 AS's and A levels in Further Maths, Maths, Physics and Economics! (Hopefully I get the Grades)

I need an A* in maths, A's in Physics and Economics, and an E in Further Maths!

If you're desperate to get into LSE: Get some stand out work experience; Further maths AS I would say is a must (although LSE are reluctant to admit it), and make your personal statement world class.

From personal experience UMS is not an issue! However, I'm presuming they would want 4 A's at AS for a course as competitive as BSc Economics, Maths/Econ etc.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by sr234
Im also thinking maths and econ atm, however it all depends on my AS grades:redface: I got 7A*s and 3A's at GCSE which is probably below average for LSE:frown: Very worried about AS results tbh. Have any of you started ur PS? I've heard extra cirriculars aren't very important for this course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Look at my previous post :smile: Hope this helps.
Reply 6
@BillyECON What where your A level predictions?
Reply 7
Original post by dd1234
What where your A level predictions?

Sorry I should have stated, 3 A* and an A in Further Maths.
Reply 8
Original post by BillyECON
Sorry I should have stated, 3 A* and an A in Further Maths.

That's great,is that the average for LSE students or better?
I'm applying for Economic History. Is it a relatively small course? (I'm an international student and I haven't been able to find ANYONE who is either going to apply for it or is currently studying it.)
Hey, I am a Scottish Student applying for a BSc in Politics, Philosophy and Economics. The course is relatively new so I'm unsure how popular/competitive it will be. I'm in the process of writing my PS but I'm unsure of what they're looking for: do they want your opinion on your reading/interests or is it closer to a list of achievements? Or something in between?
I stalked the 2014 applicants thread and it seems that LSE is really keen on you reading outside books and stating your opinion on it. Of course, take my word with a pinch of salt.
Original post by LevCrofts
Hey, I am a Scottish Student applying for a BSc in Politics, Philosophy and Economics. The course is relatively new so I'm unsure how popular/competitive it will be. I'm in the process of writing my PS but I'm unsure of what they're looking for: do they want your opinion on your reading/interests or is it closer to a list of achievements? Or something in between?

Also a Scottish student deciding to apply, PPE sounds like a great course! I'm thinking of applying for Law.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm awaiting my AS results for Maths, Economics and History. I want to study Accountancy & Finance at LSE, but I'm really worried it's going to be a waste of an option as I only have 3 AS-levels :frown:
Original post by kurofune
I'm applying for Economic History. Is it a relatively small course? (I'm an international student and I haven't been able to find ANYONE who is either going to apply for it or is currently studying it.)

I'll be applying to that course, if my predicted grades will allow for that! Where are you from? A levels or IB?
Original post by shouldBstudying
I'll be applying to that course, if my predicted grades will allow for that! Where are you from? A levels or IB?

I'm from the United States! Are you British? I'm taking neither; I took American qualifications called Advanced Placement. Didn't LSE only take 26 people or so last year?
Original post by kurofune
I'm from the United States! Are you British? I'm taking neither; I took American qualifications called Advanced Placement. Didn't LSE only take 26 people or so last year?

I believe so! I think I saw that number on the site or UCAS. I'm from within the EU and doing the IB. What did you get on your AP tests? Did you take world history?
Applying for Geography :smile:
LSE only introduced it last year - with 30 or so people admitted out of around 300.

the course is all human geography so I'm interested in that :smile:
Original post by shouldBstudying
I believe so! I think I saw that number on the site or UCAS. I'm from within the EU and doing the IB. What did you get on your AP tests? Did you take world history?

I got 5s on World History, US History, Eng Language, Human Geography, US Gov, Micro&Macro econs.

What qualifications are you taking?
Scottish candidate applying to economics!
Standard grades/int2 and higher music(sat in 4th year): A's and ones
Highers: maths chemistry biology English and advanced higher music all A grade with A ban 1 in maths biology and chemistry
Next year: advanced higher maths, further maths, English and 2 highers out of economics, history and philosophy depending on what my timetable allows.

I heard that lse rarely offer interviews? What do they look for in a PS? I'm also applying to Cambridge and have written my statement in the 80% academic ratio they prefer, mentioning a lot of extra reading but not any work experience.. Will this be ok? Thanks ☺️

Quick Reply

Latest