The Student Room Group

Girls what should I do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by hotliketea
nah it's more like he's 18 , about to become a uni student and like a typical teenager , doesn't have much money :P

i also hate paris haha , nice offer though :bl:

I was joking been there done that got the postcard I was 18 once.. You've been going out since you were 14 thats so cute! I hate France to, I'd take you to Barcelona how about that :tongue:
Original post by fabmaester
Thanks for your input, did you pay for everything early on or have you only recently started sharing the cost? It's not that I don't think she would contribute, I just don't want to appear tight and I guess it's that old stereotype that I should be paying for everything.. I'm slow to the game tbh, I've never dated etc I've just got to know the girl casually through school or on campus etc. I've only ever had fwb, nothing more..
She seems like a really sweet girl and I want to make my chances as good as possible
cheers

Nah, she always paid for stuff, she'd insist and I wouldn't argue, though I was nineteen when this relationship started, I was a late starter with girls. I did slip the odd one in, and I think they appreciate it more when it's occasional, not just the done thing. I think paying for stuff all the time can come across a bit eager and insecure. Like I stopped buying drinks for girls at clubs, if a girl ever asked I'd say "you buy me one and I'll get you one back", bit of a cocky line but it gives a much better impression than fawning over them and getting them drinks.

If she is a sweet girl she probably won't mind paying for herself, and she won't think you're tight unless you're actually being tight. You've also said you don't have money to burn at the moment, and it's much more unattractive to overspend at first and then be broke and having to scrimp on everything.
Reply 22
Original post by Mankytoes
Nah, she always paid for stuff, she'd insist and I wouldn't argue, though I was nineteen when this relationship started, I was a late starter with girls. I did slip the odd one in, and I think they appreciate it more when it's occasional, not just the done thing. I think paying for stuff all the time can come across a bit eager and insecure. Like I stopped buying drinks for girls at clubs, if a girl ever asked I'd say "you buy me one and I'll get you one back", bit of a cocky line but it gives a much better impression than fawning over them and getting them drinks.

If she is a sweet girl she probably won't mind paying for herself, and she won't think you're tight unless you're actually being tight. You've also said you don't have money to burn at the moment, and it's much more unattractive to overspend at first and then be broke and having to scrimp on everything.

I probably am abit insecure about it all, I have no real idea what I'm supposed to be doing. She's had a string of relationships/dating other guys in the last few years (I've been told by mutual friends). So she knows the drill.
Yeah I know that one I never buy girls drinks unless they've shown real 'interest', but this scenario is different to pulling a girl in a club, Im fairly confident doing that, far more than dating malarky. You don't have to get to know a girl to pull them on a night out, the rules are completely different to 'dating'.
I do have some money but not hundreds and hundreds just to flitter on festivals. I'm going to eastern europe with a mate early september and on to istanbul and Im being shafted by my lettings agent next year, so I want to be careful. Like as I said earlier paying for meals, cinema etc yeah sure but a day out like this will be alot more.
Would you go for it and ask her if she'd mind contributing, even if you were in the early stages (bare in mind I'm 20)? Or do something less extravagant and pay yourself?
Thanks
Original post by joker12345
Yeah dude you don't have to pay, it's not like she's doing you a favour by paying her way! Just say 'hey, I saw this festival, made me think of you and I'd love to go together - the tickets are £60 each, do you want to go?' + you could say if you really wanted 'I'd offer to pay for the both of us but I'm a little low on cash atm'
And them treat her to some little things like maybe drinks etc.

Totally this. £60 is expensive, I wouldn't expect someone to pay for me, and certainly not when I'd only been on one date with them. As above maybe buy the first few rounds etc if you're worried about coming off as cheap but yeah I think it's fine to pay for your tickets separately :smile:
It's not your job to pay for her at all. Like some previous posters mentioned, just tell her about the festival, ask her if she's interested in joining you and let her know how much the tickets are. You shouldn't even feel the need to pay for her drinks and other bits and bobs through the day. Personally, I wouldn't think any less of a guy if he asked or expected me to pay for myself.
Reply 25
If any of you are interested I asked said girl on saturday if she wanted to be my girlfriend she said yes, we never went to the festival..
Cheers for the advice anyway
Fabian

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending